• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    If you choose to disregard the (assinine) rule about not being legally armed on fairgrounds propery, drive in and park on the grounds. Problem solved. Conceal well and don't advertise you are carrying. Don't draw unless it is absolutely necessary for the protection of you, your loved ones, or a situation that you feel the need to intervene in. Disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer and not advocating any illegal activity.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    If you choose to disregard the (asinine) rule about not being legally armed on fairgrounds property, drive in and park on the grounds. Problem solved. Conceal well and don't advertise you are carrying. Don't draw unless it is absolutely necessary for the protection of you, your loved ones, or a situation that you feel the need to intervene in. Disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer and not advocating any illegal activity.
    I do that every year...go figure.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    If you choose to disregard the (assinine) rule about not being legally armed on fairgrounds propery, drive in and park on the grounds. Problem solved. Conceal well and don't advertise you are carrying. Don't draw unless it is absolutely necessary for the protection of you, your loved ones, or a situation that you feel the need to intervene in. Disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer and not advocating any illegal activity.

Right on. If you know it's not legal and you're going to do it anyway why worry about metal detectors at the gate? We go to the home show every year and one year one of the vendors noticed my EDC. He told me he had called the cops and told me I should leave before they arrived. My response is I'll be in the model home and they can wait for me when I get out and be happy to meet them back at this vendors booth. I did, they did, officers told me to have a nice day, he cried, . He just couldn't understand WHY it's only against the rules during the fair! Not my call or the officers.:patriot:

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    This is from the entrance policy they send out via email to the ISP retirees:

• Everyone not working the fair upon entering the fairgrounds will have to pass through a magnetometer. Off duty Troopers with Department photo identification will be allowed to carry a concealed firearm. Possession of a personal protection permit does not allow a civilian to carry a firearm on State Fair property during the State Fair.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    So when they say all entrances, does that mean there will be a checkpoint before going into the tunnel if you park in the infield?

If so, that will be a nightmare. I've been known to cut through the infield. Lets hope not and that they are only filtering the yutes that walk or ride the bus to the fair. The very ones we need to defend ourselves against as we walk to/from the surrounding area when we dont park in the infield.

Doubt we are going this year. Between vacation hitting about that time, cash flow from vacation, and the food quality declining over the years, its just not worth it. And this is icing on the cake.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    If so, that will be a nightmare. I've been known to cut through the infield. Lets hope not and that they are only filtering the yutes that walk or ride the bus to the fair. The very ones we need to defend ourselves against as we walk to/from the surrounding area when we dont park in the infield.

Doubt we are going this year. Between vacation hitting about that time, cash flow from vacation, and the food quality declining over the years, its just not worth it. And this is icing on the cake.

This is another gun control policy that will disproportionately affect minorities, as many of the residents that live close enough to the fair grounds to walk, happen be be non-white.

I lived two blocks south of the fair grounds for several years and I was one of the few light skinned folks in my neighborhood. We always enter from the entrance off the Monon trail and never considered driving up and paying to park. Even after moving away, we still park at my old neighbor's house and walk up when we go to the fair to save on the parking fee.

I believe two years ago was the first time I recall seeing metal detectors at that Monon entrance.

White suburbanites are more likely to park in the infield and bypass the metal detectors and the security theater.

I can attest that it is pure theater because I have two young kids so we always bring a large double stroller with us when we go. It sets off the metal detector when we wheel it though, but we've never been asked to remove the kids so they can inspect it more closely. The 80 year old working the entrance just waves us through.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    Right on. If you know it's not legal and you're going to do it anyway why worry about metal detectors at the gate? We go to the home show every year and one year one of the vendors noticed my EDC. He told me he had called the cops and told me I should leave before they arrived. My response is I'll be in the model home and they can wait for me when I get out and be happy to meet them back at this vendors booth. I did, they did, officers told me to have a nice day, he cried, . He just couldn't understand WHY it's only against the rules during the fair! Not my call or the officers.:patriot:

Nice. I haven't been to the state fair in many years. Always either been busy or shy on cash. This year I don't see it happening with a newborn at home.

Top Bottom