• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Salem
    these are the guys i ll be watching out for if SHTF. A few things come to mind. If they wanna help out so bad, why not join the National guard? a weekend a month and 2 weeks a summer is pretty managable. Secondly, where do these guys fit in? in between the police and National guard, volunteer officers and firemen, and Army Reserve? Sounds to me like a bunch of wannabes. They have no credentials, no public credit, no backing force. Just think of what you would do if some random guy came to your house in the thick of things, telling you he's in "the militia" and trying to order you around....I would say there are hidden motives in this sort of stuff. I'll take care of me and my own, thanks.

ejscott

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Hancock Co.- New Palestine
    i agree with sasquatch. you come over making demands and things aren't going to go well for you. i have a family, and whats ours is ours. and i'm not going to let some nucklehead take it from me. plus these guys have no athority.

ejscott

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Hancock Co.- New Palestine
    who is this guy anyway. he gets on here and makes 10 post in the past year and 3 months. and then gets off line. i bet he doesn't even answer pm's. we should start our own militia at ingo agianst these types. like sasquatch said join the national guard.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Oh, boy. Welcome to the chainsaw that is the militia conversation! :):

Ok, now, there are several issues that always come up here. Let's see if we can get a list:

1. Are you putting together an organized or unorganized militia?
    2. Are you specifically working at the instruction of the State recognized militia or something else.
    3. If you are doing something else, are you training? If so, who are the trainers and what backgrounds do they have?
    4. Finally, what kind of help are you looking for and what is expected of those that wish to look at joining?

I guess that covers the usual?

Now, here is what you are up against.

1. There have been militia posters here before that have not been long term members of the community and did not represent, seemingly, an organization of real value.
    2. There are legal types here who will want to know very specifically where you gain your authority to organize, etc. Personally, I do not see where that is required of you at all so long as you are not committing criminal acts, etc. But be prepared for the legal questions.
    3. There are those that are going to ask why you do not join an existing and recognized group like the National Guard, or the State recognized militia. It is an important question with good rebuttals that I would accept, but mostly they are concerned about the charismatic poser problem that seems to happen all too often.
    4. We don't know you. Above all, no matter your answers, this is the problem. Be a family member, even a loony one, or militant one, or a really amazing one, whatever, but first be a family member. Then a lot more will be forgiven of you. Until then, it is a very up hill climb.

Good luck, train well, and hope to get to know you.
    :ingo:

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    Ummmmm......hmmmmmmm

I'd like to see some answers to ejscott's questions. he has also made good points. Thanks for education by links.

Not intersted in groups like this but

Seems this may be a troll thread though......

:popcorn:

Indecision

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2009
    Fort Bragg, NC
    Not speaking for these guys but maybe its because they don't like the idea of being federalized...?

Or maybe someone watched Rambo and wants to be Rambo, but basic training, then selection, not to mention the SFQC are too scary. But when you have no authority to answer to (or delegate), you can be whatever you want without having to actualy DO anything.

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    So the OP starts a post and says he will answer our questions, start posting then OP. Seems like a possible troll.

Let's all keep our shirts on, keep in mind that some people don't make the internet a daily part of their lives. I know it's hard for some of us to believe but it is true.

newindy05

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2008
    I can answer any question you went you can call me between 1.00pm to 4.00pm and all sat. 317-821-0607

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    I can answer any question you went you can call me between 1.00pm to 4.00pm and all sat. 317-821-0607

This whole thread is full of questions for you. Why can you not answer them here? It is a safe bet that anything you say over the phone to someone is going to be posted in this thread anyway.

My question is when do we pay the $99.99 totally free membership fee? Discounted this month only. ACT NOW!

Last edited:

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    We offer many many skills like Search and rescue ,Hand to hand combat/Krav Maga,
    survivalist skills , firearms training and safety, law and Constitution education and a large group of people that not only
    think like you , they have your back .

So do the guys I hunt with, and they have more guns than you do, and are better funded. I think I'll stick with them.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy

Just some friendly advice :

If you really want to increase your chances or recruiting from this site you might want to hit that spell check before you post .

Stick around and post awhile so folks can get a "feel" for who you are since you're representing your "organization" .

Maybe you don't realize that by not answering PM's and questions , you're doing your "organization" a dis-service by coming off shady .

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom