• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

newindy05

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2008
    I am the 7th Brigade XO for the largest citizens militia in the state of Indiana .The Indiana Sons of Liberty militia
    is growing by leaps and bounds currently and are still looking for new members. We are not Racists,Extremist,Anarchists and
    none of us are felons . Most of us are military veterans and public servants . We DO NOT support the ILLEGAL overthrow of
    the Government . All members take an oath to protect our country from all threats both foreign and domestic .We are looking
    for like minded individuals to train with . We offer many many skills like Search and rescue ,Hand to hand combat/Krav Maga,
    survivalist skills , firearms training and safety, law and Constitution education and a large group of people that not only
    think like you , they have your back .Please check us out . If your not comfortable contacting our website please contact
    me via email and ill answer all of your questions personally. www.indianasonsofliberty.com http://www.freedom20009@yahoo.com

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Can you give us an idea of what members do? Regular meetings? Shooting & Training sessions? Political campaigns/discussions?

Can you disclose how big the group is in different districts?

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    From linked website in the OP.

"In the event of martial law, civil unrest or many other declared emergencies, whether manufactured or not, the militia is the response to secure the safety and prosperity of the people"

What role will the Sons of Liberty play in the event of Martial Law?
    What kind of authority do they think they will have if any?

The Meach

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Nobletucky
    From linked website in the OP.

"In the event of martial law, civil unrest or many other declared emergencies, whether manufactured or not, the militia is the response to secure the safety and prosperity of the people"

What role will the Sons of Liberty play in the event of Martial Law?
    What kind of authority do they think they will have if any?

Stop and read the statement again.

Then think of ramifications of declarative statements to your questions.

Read the statement again...

I believe you can infer exactly what you are asking from the below statement.

the militia is the response to secure the safety and prosperity of the people

now shush ;)

No Time to Shoot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne

now shush ;)

Just a thought but if someone knocks on my door and says Indiana Militia I will probably treat them as I would any other intruder. :dunno:

I will take care of my own prosperity and safety....:D

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    NewIndy05. Just so you know what they are talking about. WE had some kind of militia recruiter on here before that mentioned in a crisis they would take what they wanted from the populace at gun point if necessary. So obviously that didn't go over real well with us. I and probably some others on here, listen occasionally to some of the militia internet radio stations that have a decided anti-government (not that there is anything wrong with some of that), anti-military, anti-semitic...

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson

now shush ;)

There are no ramifications of declarative statements(:poop:) to any of my questions.

The questions are legit and deserve more of response then maybe I should read a little deeper. If I was able to "infer" I would not be asking. I think if you do a little search on the militia you find I have asked many questions they tend to avoid answering.

"the militia is the response to secure the safety and prosperity of the people"

Who, when and how? Who decides when it’s necessary to respond? When would they decide that? How would the implement it?
    I am responsible for my own safety and security. I want to know exactly what the Sons of Liberty would do in the event of Martial Law. Will they help enforce it or will they rebel against it? How will there involvement effect me. They can preach and post all day long but the bottom line is the membership is not that big and is missing vital componets needed to be anything more then a gang of mutant zombie bikers.
    A simple answer form the OP would safice.

ejscott

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Hancock Co.- New Palestine
    last i read about any militia it was state to state, and the govenor of the state, in our case indiana made the decision to act. i did some research on line and came acrossed alot of militias in indiana. but the only one that is ligit, you do not need a membership to. if you are a civilian you are part of it. and if mich says its time to act then thats thats. i will try to find the web site and post it. i found i really didn't like what most of these militias were about.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Who, when and how? Who decides when it’s necessary to respond? When would they decide that? How would the implement it?

I am responsible for my own safety and security. I want to know exactly what the Sons of Liberty would do in the event of Martial Law. Will they help enforce it or will they rebel against it? How will there involvement effect me. They can preach and post all day long but the bottom line is the membership is not that big and is missing vital componets needed to be anything more then a gang of mutant zombie bikers.

A simple answer form the OP would safice.

I get the feeling that they do not exist to help the Government with anything, least of all to help enforce Martial Law. And likely there will be vague discussion on that subject, for obvious reasons.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I would certainly like to know more and have answers to those questions as well. If they have nothing to hide then it should be ok to discuss. If what they are doing is legit, let's hear it.

ejscott

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Hancock Co.- New Palestine
    Per the constitution and codes of the state of Indiana, two state militias exist, the National Guard and the sedentary militia. All able bodied adults who are not active in the National Guard are by default members of the sedentary militia.
    The term "sedentary" does not mean idle, but permanently attached. Members of the National Guard can be sent anywhere in the world, the sedentary militia cannot. Our primary function is the defense of the people and the state of Indiana against all enemies both foreign and domestic
    State Constitutional laws and codes

ARTICLE 12. Militia​
    Section 1. Composition
    Section 1. A militia shall be provided and shall consist of all persons over the age of seventeen (17) years, except those persons who may be exempted by the laws of the United States or of this state. The militia may be divided into active and inactive classes and consist of such military organizations as may be provided by law.​

(History: As Amended November 3, 1936; November 5, 1974).

Section 2. Commander-in-chief
    Section 2. The Governor is Commander-in-Chief of the militia and other military forces of this state.​

(History: As Amended November 5, 1974).

Section 3. Adjutant general
    Section 3. There shall be an Adjutant General, who shall be appointed by the Governor.​

Section 4. Conscientious objectors
    Section 4. No person, conscientiously opposed to bearing arms, shall be compelled to do so in the militia.​

Section 5. Repealed November 5, 1974

Section 6. Repealed November 5, 1974

IC 10-16-6
    Chapter 6. Organization and Personnel
    IC 10-16-6-1

Age of personnel
    Sec. 1. Under Article 12, Section 1 of the Constitution of the State of Indiana, the militia consists of all persons who are at least eighteen (18) years of age except those persons who are exempted by the laws of the United States or of Indiana.
    As added by P.L.2-2003, SEC.7. Amended by P.L.115-2003, SEC.17.
    IC 10-16-6-2

Classes of militia
    Sec. 2. The militia shall be divided into two (2) classes, the sedentary militia and the national guard, as follows:
    (1) The sedentary militia consists of all persons subject to bear arms under the Constitution of the State of Indiana who do not belong to the national guard.
    (2) The national guard consists of those able-bodied citizens between the proper ages as established by this article who may be enrolled, organized, and mustered into the service of the state as provided in this article. The organized militia of the state constitutes and shall be known as the Indiana national guard​

Last edited by a moderator:

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Ok first of all going online, and having people contact you that you know nothing about bad idea! That's asking for authorities, to have you under watch. Sorry, rather legal or otherwise no thanks. However the idea of a pro Constitution militia, not an ani-government militia is a good thing. Seeing as that is what helped us win the Revolutionary War. :twocents:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom