• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    Does anyone know if there is a way to see the details of a protective order?

Im wondering if someone else is disqualified from possessing a weapon. I know there is a protective order and I know the person has firearms... But I dont know if the protective order prevents him from having guns....

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    I ask because this person has a protection order out from his wife and decided to put on his rectal cavity hat and harass and threaten me while texting me. I plan on forwarding the texts to her and her attorney but he made reference to having guns...

Kinda wierds me out a bit...

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    I do believe that all PO's that result from domestic violence carry a brady disqualification which means no guns at all. The guns would have to be surrendered to the police. To possess the firearms is a federal crime.

There is an online registry but it only shows if there is an active PO. PO cases are private and the general public may not go and review the file.

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    If the protective order is on him and is renewed when it should be he cannot own a firearm. My mom had one because of my stepmom and I made sure her protective order against her was no longer valid before getting her gun shopping.

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    Order is served and active, there was an emergency custody hearing as well, and due to him hitting her and beating her with a dog bowl..

VUPDBlue how would go about reporting that he has firearms.

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    Wish you were kidding, but he has been observed sitting outside and has made reference to coming to my house as well

But do you have proof? People sitting outside your house is part of living in the city. The police don't have time to waste on dramatic people.

I'll just be leaving now. :): But seriously, sounds like you have a case. Contact the police because if he has a history of violence, knows where you live, and threatens you with firearms something must be done.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    if he really is Brady disqualified then the protected person should contact either the court or the police about the guns. if the protected person is afraid for her safety because of the guns then she needs to contact the issuing court. contacting the court through her attorney would be a good move. if he is in violation of the order, guns notwithstanding, the police need to be called ASAP. we can arrest for IOP with only PC that the order was violated...ie: we dont have to witness the violation.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    In all seriousness if the guy is on the edge and your getting a bad vibe then it's time to call the police and let them deal with him.

I would not wait until Monday. I would call now and get it taken care of. Monday could be too late.

Good luck and stay alert

Stang51d

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 25, 2012
    Centerpoint
    Not all POs are Brady disqualified. The courts hand them out like candy at Holoween, and nearly every woman getting a divorce gets one, and althoe sometimes it's needed, most of the time it's not. It's just a tool to make the guy look bad and to use against him in custody cases. While most if the time, law enforcement will blow off a PO violation, all it takes it the woman to be fooling around with a cop, and they will go after him with both barrels loaded for something as simple a text saying "I need you to come to the bank at 3 for the house closing". Yes, that has happened.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Not all POs are Brady disqualified. The courts hand them out like candy at Holoween, and nearly every woman getting a divorce gets one, and althoe sometimes it's needed, most of the time it's not. It's just a tool to make the guy look bad and to use against him in custody cases. While most if the time, law enforcement will blow off a PO violation, all it takes it the woman to be fooling around with a cop, and they will go after him with both barrels loaded for something as simple a text saying "I need you to come to the bank at 3 for the house closing". Yes, that has happened.

That is the biggest untrue load of horse crap I have read on here in quite some time. Simply not true.

Lunati

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Warsaw
    Sounds like there's more to the story. How did he know you? What made him upset at you? What have been your responses towards him? Did you confront him or provoke him during your "communication" with him? Sounds like you know him personally if you've seen him shoot.

Stang51d

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 25, 2012
    Centerpoint
    That is the biggest untrue load of horse crap I have read on here in quite some time. Simply not true.

The load of horse crap is, that you think that all it takes is a phone call and the cops will fly in like some kind of super hero and save the day. You think its "simply not true", but I have seen it both ways. I have seen where there was a PO on a guy and not only did he harass and stalk the people, he was also video taped in there yard. City cops were called, and they blew it off, county was called, they blew it off, state said it wasn't there deal and the prosecutor wouldn't do anything either. So tell me how it's not true. Tell me about how you are everywhere and how you know everything.

Top Bottom