Indiana pair arrested for allegedly stealing bronze veteran burial markers from headstones

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    First I've ever heard of this. Hopefully these two get the maximum hammering and it deters other literal grave robbers. There are a lot of old cemeteries in Indiana out in the middle of nowhere with Civil War Veterans who have these markers.

These are from the National Cemetery Administration of the Department of Veterans Affairs. Maybe the feds could stop looking for white supremacists and parents who speak at school board meetings for a minute.

Detective Jake Koch, a veteran himself, led the investigation, which revealed that the grave markers were taken from cemeteries in Union Mills, Rolling Prairie, Carmel, Pinola, Greenwood and St. Stan's.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    First I've ever heard of this. Hopefully these two get the maximum hammering and it deters other literal grave robbers. There are a lot of old cemeteries in Indiana out in the middle of nowhere with Civil War Veterans who have these markers.

These are from the National Cemetery Administration of the Department of Veterans Affairs. Maybe the feds could stop looking for white supremacists and parents who speak at school board meetings for a minute.

Detective Jake Koch, a veteran himself, led the investigation, which revealed that the grave markers were taken from cemeteries in Union Mills, Rolling Prairie, Carmel, Pinola, Greenwood and St. Stan's.

May they burn in hell and be haunted for the rest of their lives on this side of the dirt.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    That's actually been a problem around here for a long time. Years ago when I was attending the county commissioner meetings, there was discussion that people were stealing the bronze flag holders placed at the local cemeteries and whether or not they should go around collecting all of them after Memorial Day so they wouldn't have to keep replacing them. In the end, they decided to leave them and have the police monitor the cemeteries better whenever they were in those areas. I assume these markers have similar scrap value, but I don't know of any local scrap yards that would accept them.

TheGrumpyGuy

Get off my lawn!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    Look behind you
    That's actually been a problem around here for a long time. Years ago when I was attending the county commissioner meetings, there was discussion that people were stealing the bronze flag holders placed at the local cemeteries and whether or not they should go around collecting all of them after Memorial Day so they wouldn't have to keep replacing them. In the end, they decided to leave them and have the police monitor the cemeteries better whenever they were in those areas. I assume these markers have similar scrap value, but I don't know of any local scrap yards that would accept them.
    Unless these thieves have a source that's simply reselling them, there's a scrap dealer somewhere that needs his/her hands cut off

Top Bottom