• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    You are practically a Kentuckian....

Are you a Wildcat Fan as well?!

I lived in up north in Scottsburg, IN for about 5 years. (I get panic attacks if I get more than 5 miles away from the river!) and I do not know how familiar you all are with Austin, IN but the whole town of (I think) Hazard, KY went up there to work in the 40's at Mr. Morgan's food processing plant. The joke in Scottsburg was that whenever someone would ask, "How far is it to Kentucky?" We would answer, "28 miles south or 2 miles north, take your pick."

You see more UK flags in Austin and Crothersville than in Lexington, KY. Oh and by the way Tommy, you know us Hoosier Hillbillies wear sleevless shirts as well, and the folks in Louisville have ALWAYS considered us the hicks! I remember a English girl I dated who lived in the east end of Louisville asked me one time, "How come all of you Hoosier boys have round faded rings in the back pocket of your jeans?" I spit in my beer bottle and said "Whut the hale is that spose to mean?":D

Hoosier.Patriot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    This has been the most fun I've had...

... reading a thread on a forum in a LONG time. :laugh:

Thank you INGO for the entertainment. :popcorn:

You guys are awesome. :rockwoot:

I think most of us here on this forum will know what to do and where to go if TSHTF. Am I right?

:ingo:

Bnewfield

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2012
    Ocsdor: Love that picture! Sums it up so well...

The attitude that many Americans have about FEMA camps is pretty scary. I asked one person if he had ever heard of them, and he said "no, I don't keep up with conspiracy theories." Heaps of evidence (including video) of concentration camps being constructed on US soil, and it's being written off as a conspiracy theory. I guess the transition to a dictatorship will be quite easy if that's how people think. If you don't believe that martial law could happen here, just take a look at MartialLawUSA.com. All the proof is there.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Ocsdor: Love that picture! Sums it up so well...

The attitude that many Americans have about FEMA camps is pretty scary. I asked one person if he had ever heard of them, and he said "no, I don't keep up with conspiracy theories." Heaps of evidence (including video) of concentration camps being constructed on US soil, and it's being written off as a conspiracy theory. I guess the transition to a dictatorship will be quite easy if that's how people think. If you don't believe that martial law could happen here, just take a look at MartialLawUSA.com. All the proof is there.

Well I looked at the posted web site and the purported list of "FEMA Camps". There is quite a bit of speculation there and some downright faulty information - at least of facilities where I have personal knowledge such as AMTRAK (still an active railroad car repair facility), Ft Harrison (largely owned by the City of Lawrence now, most former ranges now a State Park and home to a Brigade Headquarters of the National Guard) , and Camp Atterbury (not an inactive facility but a mobilization training center for the National Guard).

While there are plenty of reasons to be wary of the power of the federal government, the argument for the "FEMA camps" is pretty thinly veiled paranoia at this point. I don't doubt that circumstances could be manipulated so that a declaration of Martial Law could be declared, but it's likely that the circumstances would be such that it was a rather transparent attempt to avoid a legitimate change in the government or a verifiable national disaster that would justify martial law as an effort to enhance response and recovery operations.

An illegitimate declaration of martial law will likely not be obeyed by a sizable fraction of the populace in "flyover country"; the sheeple on the coasts will have to look out for themselves.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I really do not understand where all the paranoia surrounding the Amtrak yard comes from. In my carrier I have worked in and around that facility many times. I have seen nothing that would make this Myth a reality.

Top Bottom