• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    You know what I'm curious about? If that company is so willing to blatantly violate this law, what other laws are they ignoring or willfully violating?

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    It's an employment at will state.

It's still the same employment at will state when you want to carry your gun to work as it is the rest of the time.

Employment at will.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    You know what I'm curious about? If that company is so willing to blatantly violate this law, what other laws are they ignoring or willfully violating?

The law is a violation of your employer's right to property anyway, so what's the difference?

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    The law is a violation of your employer's right to property anyway, so what's the difference?

No, it's not. It's a protection of the employee's property rights. Or don't you think employees have a right to control their own property? Do you really think employees should be required to surrender control of their property, namely their cars? If you do, what is to keep people like you from extending your thought to requiring employees to surrender control of their homes, also, since you do not respect private property rights?

Orlando

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2010
    Tipton
    My company, a public utility, is exempt from the new law. Why they are so special is beyond me. We did have a guy bring a stun gun to work last year. He was promptly fired. He did get his job back through arbitration 8 months later though.

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    Law or no law...If an employee is going to harm another employee he will do it no matter what the company rules are.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    I am sure a lot of companies are going to try the intimidation route. The one I love is the designated parking lot for those that have guns in their car. Why don't we just put a neon sign "GUN INSIDE STEAL ME" on each car.

That should be relatively easy for an ambulance-chaser lawyer... right?

If by parking my car in specially designated 'gun zones' you are also granting my vehicle special protection and insurance that it will be guarded under your care while I am working for you.

Maybe they could spray paint the parking lot with a giant blue and white gun symbol like handicap parking lots have for handicap spots.

Similar to handicap spots, how can they force you park in these sections? Do employers FORCE handicap people to park in handicap spots?

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    Additionally, if special exceptions are made for firearms parking... an activist should lobby with an activist group (ACLU) to make parking available for specific NON-FIREARMS parking... otherwise, isn't it discrimination?! :D

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Not even discussed at my placed of work.....

Coworker X had 2 Ar's, and ak and an over under in his trunk. (He's the boss of the other department at the office)

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    It doesn't really matter; it's not like the company is going to search your vehicle.

I worked for FEDEX briefly about 10 years ago. Their policy was that employees could not have firearms in their vehicles even though the parking lot was "off airport" and secured. Their policy was to enforce this by periodic random searches and they would summarily fire anyone found with a firearm in their vehicle. They justified this by citing FAA regulations about firearms on airport property - even though their parking facility wasn't on airport property.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I am trying to get my head around the fact that if somebody is going to break the law to kill somebody, how a law preventing them from keeping a gun in their car would somehow stop them. Geeze... some people are flat out stupid.

It isn't that employers think that a law will stop the unlawful act, it's that the lawyers think they will win more wrongful death suits if such a policy is in place. Until a few lawsuits are won for "failure to protect against wrongful death after disarming employees" will the pendulum swing the other way.

Until the dichotomy that exists between government regulation (gun restrictions) and government's failure to protect (gov't not liable for failure to prevent death of citizens) is addressed. We're going to continue to have these issues. If government can't be held liable for failing to prevent harm to us, why should government be able to prevent us from protecting ourselves?

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    i hardly think that ArcelorMittal USA CEO Michael Rippey will be the one to tell a family of their dead family member. c'mon hes the CEO he has someone to do it.

they also didnt want to mention the federal law, what can they just make laws now?

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    I have a loaded 45 and 9 mm sitting on my desk at work right now......People walk by and don't say a thing.....

I did get a comment on my knife one time......

Top Bottom