• ...and so much more!
  • ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    More Obama lunacy.

Could care less what folks do in their bedroom. Don't really care about gay marriage, one way or the other.

What I do care about is Obama, Holder, and their cronies sticking their noses in other folks bedrooms. Like these two yabos and their lunatic fringe can do ANYTHING 'right', in the first place.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    More Obama lunacy.

Could care less what folks do in their bedroom. Don't really care about gay marriage, one way or the other.

What I do care about is Obama, Holder, and their cronies sticking their noses in other folks bedrooms. Like these two yabos and their lunatic fringe can do ANYTHING 'right', in the first place.

...what have they done to the bedroom?

lj98

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Evansville
    I guess we should hold all lawsuits until a Republican administration takes over. Of course that may be awhile unless the GOP/Tea Party INO gets their collective heads out of their posteriors and stops trying to impose their own world view on the rest of society under the guise of "morals" and "family values." Economic control isn't the only form of statist control.

IndyGal65

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Speedway, IN
    We all are personally affected by this law, regardless of gender preference. The current in the country right now is rapidly moving toward gay marriage. The question that only time can answer is what are the true impacts this will realize for our society. It seems to me that it is the people who are in favor of traditional marriage that are swimming against the current. We are the ones being called moral hypocrites, and all sorts of foul labels, and by those who like to think of themselves as tolerant of others! I have not seen any negative name calling from those in favor of traditional marriage toward homosexuals. The fact that those of us who hold to more traditional beliefs find ourselves swimming against the current, is a trademark feature of this so called tolerant age, indeed the most intolerant of any generation yet to call themselves citizens of the United States. Who then are the real moral hypocrites?

Words have meanings. Marriage means something. Judges can rule in favor of male pregnancy, but that won't make it a reality. The word hypocrite means something too. A hypocrite is not a person who chooses not to change his traditional beliefs based on the whims of others.

Mark, I'm not trying to stir the pot with you, but regarding name calling, you have no idea what my partner and I have gone through since we first got together in 1990. Now obviously I'm not talking about people on this board, as most, with the exception of a few posters, have at least debated this issue in a respectful manner, including you. However, we have heard and read the most despicable things about our "lifestyle." We've been made fun of and ignored at a few restaurants. And this might sound goofy, but I'd say were pretty normal looking, we don't exhibit public displays of affection, and we don't wear shirts saying, "I'm with her--->."

Im not trying to garner some pity party here, just saying that after years of harassment, "my people" probably aren't feeling a lot of tolerance right now. Quite frankly, I'm sick and tired of my life being discussed like were talking about a second class citizen not worthy of the same rights of others. Now, would I demand that a business cater my wedding or demand a church to marry us? No, I would not. But in the big scheme of things, I just want to have the same equalities as my straight brethren. Ok, rant over.

olhorseman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Middle of nowhere NC
    Mark, I'm not trying to stir the pot with you, but regarding name calling, you have no idea what my partner and I have gone through since we first got together in 1990. Now obviously I'm not talking about people on this board, as most, with the exception of a few posters, have at least debated this issue in a respectful manner, including you. However, we have heard and read the most despicable things about our "lifestyle." We've been made fun of and ignored at a few restaurants. And this might sound goofy, but I'd say were pretty normal looking, we don't exhibit public displays of affection, and we don't wear shirts saying, "I'm with her--->."

Im not trying to garner some pity party here, just saying that after years of harassment, "my people" probably aren't feeling a lot of tolerance right now. Quite frankly, I'm sick and tired of my life being discussed like were talking about a second class citizen not worthy of the same rights of others. Now, would I demand that a business cater my wedding or demand a church to marry us? No, I would not. But in the big scheme of things, I just want to have the same equalities as my straight brethren. Ok, rant over.
    A year early, but congratulations on your upcoming silver anniversary.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan

What more could be said? I just had a co-worker and friend get married today to his long time partner. I was just as happy about that as I was about my other co-worker getting married last weekend to his girlfriend. I cannot, in good conscious, tell you or anyone else wanting to marry the one they love, that they cannot. I grew up with close family who were openly gay and never saw a problem with it. I just do not understand why people hate it so much.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    My personal opinion...

I believe gay marriage is immoral, but I'm glad it was ruled unconstitutional because I believe the government has no business legislating morality.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    What more could be said? I just had a co-worker and friend get married today to his long time partner. I was just as happy about that as I was about my other co-worker getting married last weekend to his girlfriend. I cannot, in good conscious, tell you or anyone else wanting to marry the one they love, that they cannot. I grew up with close family who were openly gay and never saw a problem with it. I just do not understand why people hate it so much.

Believing that something is wrong is not the equivalent of hating people that do it. That is simply a brush the left has used to smear those who disagree with them as if the holding the opposing viewpoint makes you subhuman.

It has been going on and on in this thread. Those that agree with a certain view are "enlightened" while those who do not are a "mob" and "bigots".

Dehumanizing and denigrating those who disagree with you is the death of any rational conversation and of intellectual honesty.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Back in the day, those who believed in the rectitude of the miscegenation laws banning interracial marriage (truly whites marrying non-whites) believed in patently bigotted and socially indefensible facts. The fact that back in the day, those beliefs were deemed moral and proper is next to meaningless. This is how those who believed in the rectitude of one-man/one-woman laws banning gay marriage will be viewed in the future, as, indeed, it is largely how they are viewed now.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN

IndyGal,
    First off, thanks for the acknowledgement that I have tried to be respectful in my posts on this topic. I understand your frustration at being treated disrespectfully. But at least on this website your opinion is welcome. Christians on this website have to walk on thin ice to try to express themselves or risk having the thread closed or simply being banned from the site. So don't feel like you are the only one swimming against the current.

I have also lived with a close family member, cousin, who is openly gay. I never stopped loving him as family when I found out over 40 years ago, nothing between us changed. I would defend him, I would protect him to the extent necessary, whether it was from being verbally belittled in public or physically assaulted. I already know that as a human being, he already is my equal. The reason I know that is because of my Christian belief. His father is a king, and therefore he is a prince, with the same inherent dignity as any man or woman.

We are equal. We are equal because of who we are and who created us. It is not necessary to change the meaning of marriage to achieve that equality.

I believe that both heterosexual and homosexual people are called to a virtue called by various names over the years, but to the ears of modern society seems rather anachronistic, but it is called purity. Sounds strange to our ears. Christians do not hold homosexual people to any different standard than heterosexual people. Marriage and sex in the Christian meaning can not be separated from procreation, it is God's sharing his plan of creation with men and women - we are his co-creators. Outside of marriage, Christians hold single people, whether heterosexual or homosexual, to the very same standard regarding sexuality. There is no special "punishment" reserved for homosexuals and everyone else gets to have all the fun. No, that is not the Christian view, that is a purely secular view. Since there are no special restrictions, neither are there any special "rights" required for homosexuals, we are all just as much loved by God as the next, just as eligible for salvation. However as moral norms have changed over the past several decades, the idea of sex outside of marriage has been more widely accepted in secular society, and so somehow the idea of sexual freedom and equality has evolved to include the notion that such freedom should be everyone's due - but that is not liberty, that is license. What is missing from the secular view, and why so many people can not distinguish between something like race and the choices of the mind and will, is that the whole concept of sin has been lost by society. As society, we have lost our sense of sin. Western society is collapsing around us, we are losing our freedoms, and militant Islam is growing stronger and more virulent every year. We better get it straight, there is no liberty, there is no freedom, apart from truth. The rest is distraction and noise.

All people, regardless of who they are, were created as children of God, to honor him, to love him, to give him glory, and spend eternity with him. And when it comes to love, no child outdoes his father, he loves us all more than we can possibly imagine. There is no greater hope, and without him, there is none. There are no special requirements or restrictions for anyone in the Christian view, all are equal, and therefore, no special rights are necessary.

Last edited:

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Believing that something is wrong is not the equivalent of hating people that do it. That is simply a brush the left has used to smear those who disagree with them as if the holding the opposing viewpoint makes you subhuman.

It has been going on and on in this thread. Those that agree with a certain view are "enlightened" while those who do not are a "mob" and "bigots".

Dehumanizing and denigrating those who disagree with you is the death of any rational conversation and of intellectual honesty.

Ha! We aren't speaking about a decision to act. We are talking about a human principle.

You aren't one of the relics that believe folks choose to be gay, are you?

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF

Ha! We aren't speaking about a decision to act. We are talking about a human principle.

So, Fargo. That didn't take long now, did it?

No matter how enlightened folks today think they are, and there is plenty of that on display in this thread, at some point in the future the current Zeitgeist will be shown to have been misinformed and prehistoric. Every generation will find some basis to challenge the 'traditionalists'. Some day the crusaders of today will be the old fogies the youngsters ridicule, and the former won't understand how the times have changed. Assuredly it will happen.

Unless you believe in the dialectic, and we've finally arrived at the end of history.

Meanwhile, it would be nice to try to preserve federalism and the Constitution, as we dash headlong into another brave new world. And particularly keep the feds out of State matters, lest your ox be the next to be gored by the federal judiciary.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis

You do realize that you are doing the exact thing I was talking about above, right? We can now add "relics" to "mob" and "bigots".

Labeling those who disagree with you is simply copping out of actually have a rational discussion.

Slinging names is a **** poor substitute for actually defending/advancing your position, but don't let me stop you!

Top Bottom