• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Enjoyed the description from the 1890's as looking like a "flying steam boat".
    Like with Ezekiel, people describe things in terms of what they're familiar with.

More sightings in Indiana.

A quick venture on duckduck produced oodles of Indiana ufo reports. Might not be as much fun as the red eyed mothmen of northern Indiana but I thought it was entertaining just the same.

PapaScout

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jun 30, 2008
    Live in Wilbur, Work in Indy
    Interesting article. I've never seen a UFO and always wondered what one would look like?
    Well according to the third item down in the list they look like planes : "Location of Sighting: Terre Haute, IndianaDate of Sighting: Late October, 2020Time of Sighting: 8:15 PM EDT Description: A man saw a white purple cone shaped object move across the sky. He thought that the object looked like a plane."

If that's the case I've seen thousands of UFOs in my lifetime.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    It would look like something you can't identify. :D
    That's the problem. I've been around aircraft since I was 15 years old. Everything I see in the sky looks like aircraft, helicopters, blimps, stars, planets, comets, birds, clouds meteors, auroras, reflections and if a gun show is in town, swamp gas. Just once, I'd like to see something that is unexplainable by logic, science or nature. At least make it something worthy of a visit by Agent Scully.
    JoseChungsFromOuterSpaceX-Files.jpg

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    That's the problem. I've been around aircraft since I was 15 years old. Everything I see in the sky looks like aircraft, helicopters, blimps, stars, planets, comets, birds, clouds meteors, auroras, reflections and if a gun show is in town, swamp gas. Just once, I'd like to see something that is unexplainable by logic, science or nature. At least make it something worthy of a visit by Agent Scully.
    View attachment 132276
    haha

Yeah, I've been around aircraft since before I could walk, so there are alot of things in the air that look familiar, even if I don't know EXACTLY what they are.

But, I have to admit, that there have been a couple times in my life when I've seen things in the air that defy my understanding of how human-piloted aircraft operate. I'm not saying it was aliens... but (insert meme here).

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    My favorite UFO story happened to a friend of the family in the early sixties,. He had been a US Marine flying F4U Corsairs in the Pacific theater.
    John.jpg
    He and another family friend (a German doctor) were tailed in east Texas one night. They decided to pull over, get out and take a look. When the car's brake lights came on, the craft following them took off straight up, leaving a glow in its wake.
    They described it as having an elongated fuselage, two sets (front and rear) of wing-like appendages with three blue lights on each appendage.

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    I have never seen a UFO but , I was coming south on state rd 3 one night about 11pm and at I-70 overpass & State rd 3 there was a light looked to be about 200yds SE of the overpass and about 300yd off the ground the light was about as big as a semi tire and bright as hell . I went under the overpass and turned around went back to the first cross road and turn around heading back south and it was gone ! Didn’t see anything but the light , no craft or any shape . Just the light. Was odd !

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    As a side note to this thread I went on a search for what might be out there on William Dean Ross, the fellow that once wrote "To Catch A Falling Star", a tale of his experiences and what he could say about the institutions, organization and agencies involved and the manner of their involvement. As always, if you want to be able to read something later don't save a link, save a copy!

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    The introductory paragraphs copied from "To Catch A Falling Star", William Dean Ross's story of his personal transformation that resulted from being exposed to the things that go bump in the night.

"I was raised a materialist-ultraliberal-atheist-evolutionist and was on the extreme–left of the Democratic Party for the majority of my life until a series of traumatic events and spiritual experiences changed me. Now I am a constitutionalist politically and a Christian spiritually.
    What is wrong with being in the National Rifle Association and being a conscious environmentalist at the same time? I want to keep our guns, keep our jobs; but, also, keep our trees and fresh water. It seems like our political parties say we have to think only one way or the other. What is wrong with seeing angels, demons, believing in metaphysical apparitions and expecting spiritual messages from God? Although, the Prophets of the Bible’s Old Testament and the Disciples of the New Testament experienced metaphysical occurrences, today’s American-Europeanized Christianity denounces it as evil or existing only in the minds of the mentally ill. Why is it we are always handed down only two religious and two political options with a struggling third alternative that only assures a monopoly of the first two? In this writing you will learn that once again, both the New Age Movement and Christianity are being duped by the realm of dark forces and UFO’s play a major part in it.
    After my eye opening experiences on a clandestine government–civilian college meta-science project, I, eventually, woke up to this duality and saw the two heads of the Beast. I see certain truths in all and everything, but a hidden evil agenda waiting for it all to cohesively mix. I find myself revolting against a new system of government and religion that is falsely presenting itself as the "Great Humanitarian" and the "Master Of Peace." In reality, the New World Order and Parliament of World religions are wolves hiding under a sheep’ skins. The New World Order was originally conceived by men and women with good intentions; but, it will be assumed later on by the absolute power of evil itself.
    Having explained my theological world view, I will now tell my personal experience..."

If you can find a copy on the interseine it is well worth reading.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    UFO <> Alien Spacecraft.

While I don't have hard data, I suspect that what the layman can't identify, there is someone deep in some scientific or military bunker that knows exactly what it is.

Still, plenty of "wow, that is really strange" moments caught on camera.

Top Bottom