• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nawainwright

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Caught this today. The long and short is that India has no desire to sign on to anything that will inhibit its growth. Especially something the US pushes because, "his developing nation won't bow to climate change rules imposed by a country that spent the last 200 years ignoring the environment while it built up its own economy."

I have little doubt that Clinton will come back and again talk about how we have to "lead the charge" to "repair" everything evil we've done.

It wouldn't surprise me a bit if India wants us to pass this kind of thing for ourselves, then we hamstring ourselves and they only have to battle it out with China to be the #1 economy.

You can read it here: India's Environment Minister Rebuffs Clinton's Climate Change Proposals - Political News - FOXNews.com

DustinG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    Glenn Beck had a great comparison of this on his Friday's broadcast. He said that the U.S. is like the nascar driver that has won every race and finally decides that it's to dangerous to drive fast so we put a governor on our car at 65mph and think that everyone will follow along since we are the leader. But the other drivers will still want to win the race.

The climate change and healthcare bill will ruin our country's economy. You may not have to worry about paying for healthcare, but instead worry about having a job and paying for your house, food, heat, and electricity. These two bills alone will put millions upon millions of people out of jobs and that's not including the recession/depression.

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    You guys must not have heard that one of our dear president's cabinet members thinks that we should pay for China's environmental pollution since we are buying so much from them and causing them to pollute themselves. Do you know that the new mercury laden electricity saving light bulbs are nearly impossible to manufacture in the USA? Too many environmental rules and regulations prevent them from being manufactured here. We solved this by having them made in China where there are no such restrictions. Hundreds of workers have gotten sick from mercury poisoning. Do you also know that you are not supposed to just toss those light bulbs in the trash when one burns out? Read the disposal instructions. Our beloved president wants all of the old, ineffecient incandescant bulbs done away with in the next few years. I would suggest buying up a large supply of them and storing them in your attic for future use if you want them in the future.

hookedonjeep

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    With the other Sheepdogs
    You guys must not have heard that one of our dear president's cabinet members thinks that we should pay for China's environmental pollution since we are buying so much from them and causing them to pollute themselves. Do you know that the new mercury laden electricity saving light bulbs are nearly impossible to manufacture in the USA? Too many environmental rules and regulations prevent them from being manufactured here. We solved this by having them made in China where there are no such restrictions. Hundreds of workers have gotten sick from mercury poisoning. Do you also know that you are not supposed to just toss those light bulbs in the trash when one burns out? Read the disposal instructions. Our beloved president wants all of the old, ineffecient incandescant bulbs done away with in the next few years. I would suggest buying up a large supply of them and storing them in your attic for future use if you want them in the future.

Here's a better idea..... quit buying stuff made in China! Are there light bulbs made in the good old USA anymore? If so, buy those instead! As for Obamatard, I could give a rat's arse less what he wants me to do with my lightbulbs.... perhaps he would enjoy them shoved up his a$$!:D

Top Bottom