• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Swim404

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    ATL
    Just officially became a Georgia resident today, but purchased my first handgun before the switch back "home"! I have never even fired one before, so the process of looking for one was interesting. Big thanks to the LEOs near where I live for being so helpful with their advice, my uncle in FL who owns a gun store, as well as people on this forum (I read up on a lot of your posts while learning)!

I first went to Don's (didn't know any better) and also looked at Gander Mtn. However, I ended up purchasing my Bodyguard 380 from Westside Pawn (aka Westside Loan Co) on the advice of a good family friend. Those guys there were very nice and didn't make me feel dumb because I am a girl (which one of the places I listed above did :rolleyes:).

If you have any additional newbie advice for me, I'm all ears...er, eyes!

Thank you again for all the help you've given that you didn't realize you did :)

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Having been to Don's and Gander Mt. your gun store experiences can only get better. Welcome to the boards, absorb as much as you can. This is a great place to really get the feel for what Indiana has to offer its gun owners.

So you moved to or from Indiana recently?

Swim404

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    ATL
    I moved from Hamilton Co to Atlanta. My family is still there though so once I get my CCW down here I'll be bringing the BG380 back home to find a range in Indy. The first guy who was actually nice at GM told me about a place at Eagle Creek that he likes a lot.

I'm looking forward to learning more on this forum and in the classroom about personal protection. This can be a very rough city. The girl in ATL that was murdered in a parking garage less than a mile from my office heading to lunch was my friend's friend. When it hits close to home you feel extra motivated to be proactive!

Thank you for the welcome!

adam

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Noblesville
    Hamilton Co is (was in your case) the place to be.

Not a fan of GA, and def. not of ATL. Good luck down there.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom