• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Signal23

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Greenwood
    <P>Well, via, the Hancock County Sheriffs department, the Indiana Sheriffs' Association has put out a letter supporting the 2nd ammendment.

Last edited:

Signal23

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Greenwood
    549324_487708271293332_583791423_n.jpg

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I emailed Howard county Sheriff and asked what his stance was. Apparently, he has better things to do besides answer.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Signal23 - Thanks for posting! Very encouraging news indeed. I always like hearing from LEOs who are pro 2A. I am a little apprehensive and skeptical about the Lake County Sherrifs, but maybe I have no real grounds for that other than Lake County is always blue, the land of Pete Viscloskey. I also liked the closing line, "God Bless America and the State of Indiana". Nice letter.

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    I emailed Howard county Sheriff and asked what his stance was. Apparently, he has better things to do besides answer.

He and the Monroe county Sheriff must have the same schedule, because apparently Sheriff Kennedy can't be bothered with questions.

Legba

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    NE Indiana
    Will they enforce the "Gun show" loophole? Will they enforce the high capacity mag limit? Will they enforce the AWB if it gets enacted? Will they enforce no private sales without a background check? If they answer yes to just one of these questions we lose. Pretty vague letter IMO. Time to start asking these specific questions of these people and demand an answer. It just sounds like what I hear on the radio and TV everyday about how they don't want to take our guns but yet they will still go to any length to do just that. I'm tired of playing nice with these people.

Ok I feel better now....

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Will they enforce the "Gun show" loophole? Will they enforce the high capacity mag limit? Will they enforce the AWB if it gets enacted? Will they enforce no private sales without a background check? If they answer yes to just one of these questions we lose. Pretty vague letter IMO. Time to start asking these specific questions of these people and demand an answer. It just sounds like what I hear on the radio and TV everyday about how they don't want to take our guns but yet they will still go to any length to do just that. I'm tired of playing nice with these people.

Ok I feel better now....

The letter gives me hope (and NOT the Obama kind).

But I agree, they need to address the tough questions as mentioned above.

Also, the feds don't need the locals aid, if it comes down to 'confiscation'. They only need them for photo ops.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Ok I feel better now....

Yeah, that line about not separating law abiding gun owners from their 2A rights without due process always puts a little shadow of doubt in my mind when I see it in these letters.

For now, I'll take it at face value and say :yesway:

Top Bottom