• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I'm down in Florida vacationing with my family and brought along my Ruger LCP as my carry gun. I know that printing is a :nono: here in Florida as Open Carrying is not allowed.

Anyhow, the number one thing about carrying a gun is... actually carrying the gun! This is where this little gem excels. I'm in shorts down here with only a t-shirt and the LCP disappears into my pocket (pocket holster). I have a gun that I know is reliable (broken in and it has performed flawlessly) and hides even in shorts and summer clothes. I've carried all the way down to Florida and it hasn't left my pocket, other than when I went to a state park -- where firearms are prohibited here in Florida.

I've heard the arguments about the lack of stopping power of the .380, but I can say the gun you can carry is better than one left at home.

Maybe the best $320 I've spent in a long while.

westfork

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Ellettsville
    there's a lot to be said about the little .380 pocket pistols. it is obvious how popular they have become when you go out to look for ammo or just strike up conversation with other gun nuts about them. i've got a p3at that seldom leaves my pocket. a glock 23 is my carry piece of choice, but when the wardrobe calls for something less conspicuous the pocket pistol fills that niche quite nicely.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Count me as a fan of the LCP .380. Great little pistol, it goes everywhere with me even with I have a bigger gun on my hip. Love it!

I took a pic of mine today. I've been thinking of having the slide hard chromed to resist wear, but honestly... mine still looks practically new after being carried daily for well over a year now.

816798402_cparv-L.jpg

I may put off the hard chrome for a while... although I'm sure it would look great.

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Bigum, you took the thoughts out of my head. I've been thinking the same thing every since I bought the LCP. It's so versatile and concealable. Mine too has broken in nicely and I love carrying it.

:+1: Excellent post...

Mad Man

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    LaPorte County
    The only time I leave the house without my LCP is when I go to work as my employer doesn't allow firearms on their property. That will change in July though:rockwoot: The LCP rest in my leather vest very comfortably while cruising around on my bike as well. It is the one gun that I take with all the time:):

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    I bought 4 of them when they first came out and weren't as hot as they seem to be now. Paid $249 each for them at the 1500.

I gave one to a buddy, one to myself, and sold the other two for $350 each.

Mine has had over 500 rds through it before I couldn't find .380 anymore, and it has traveled the country with me.

It may be small, but it's better than nothing at all.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Great carry pistol! It's in my pocket whenever I leave the house. Best advantage is you can put it in just about any pocket in pants, shirt, vest, coat, etc. even with a CT laser attached.

RetDep310

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Columbus
    Another lover here of the LCP. Bought the LCR first, but wanted something even smaller. 500 rounds through it, fmj and assorted jhp, without a problem. Got a pretty stout kick though.

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Would any of you know where in Central Indiana is the best LCP deals right now?
    Which Indy1500 vendor had them for that price?

BrownDog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Plainfield shooting supply

I purchased the "hard chrome" version of the LCP from Bob for $329 not including tax.
    He had the standard model selling for $289

This was about 3 weeks ago

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    Picked up my first LCP over the weekend from Nova512. Absolutely love it! Disappears into my pocket, and I have a good Fobus holster also. So light I almost forget it's there :draw:

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Ok, about the HC (hard chrome) option...
    I've had a KelTec HC, and thought it wore really well.
    Are people having wear/rust issues with the blued model?
    Are people finding the HC to be a better option?
    Any other HC related info/issues? (besides higher price)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2009
    In a fog
    I'm down in Florida vacationing with my family and brought along my Ruger LCP as my carry gun. I know that printing is a :nono: here in Florida as Open Carrying is not allowed.

Anyhow, the number one thing about carrying a gun is... actually carrying the gun! This is where this little gem excels. I'm in shorts down here with only a t-shirt and the LCP disappears into my pocket (pocket holster). I have a gun that I know is reliable (broken in and it has performed flawlessly) and hides even in shorts and summer clothes. I've carried all the way down to Florida and it hasn't left my pocket, other than when I went to a state park -- where firearms are prohibited here in Florida.

I've heard the arguments about the lack of stopping power of the .380, but I can say the gun you can carry is better than one left at home.

Maybe the best $320 I've spent in a long while.

Absolutely right! Very well said. I am also a fan of the LCP.

Top Bottom