• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flash409

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    this has been a rough year for us and i cant spend the money it takes to go to southern indiana to hunt. my son is looking forward to hunting again this year and i dont have anyplace close to take him. i sold my shotgun to pay bills so we will only be hunting with 1 gun this year (TC encore). if anyone knows of a place close we can hunt we would be very greatfull. i am very willing to do chores and even process deer to help pay for letting us hunt.
    i am no expert at processing deer but i do my own every year to save money.
    i would like to stay as close to Anderson as i can but i am willing to drive a little to take my son hunting.
    if anyone is interested in letting us hunt please email at flash409@hotmail.com or call 765-635-1456
    thanks for reading
    greg

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    For immediate release: Jun 15, 2009
    Posted by: [DNR]
    Phone: (812) 334-1137
    Email: dnrnews@dnr.in.gov

DNR to launch Hunters Helping Farmers program

Deer hunters in need of a place to hunt, and farmers/landowners in need of crop damage relief now have a way to contact each other using a tool developed by the Department of Natural Resources. To participate, deer hunters may submit an online application, July 1 through Aug. 30, at http://www.IN.gov/dnr/fishwild to hunt private land in Indiana. Hunters submit for up to two counties they would like to hunt. Farmers/landowners then select individuals to interview for rights to hunt.
    The program does not alter normal DNR deer hunting regulations. Hunters must adhere to all bag limits, county antlerless deer quotas and license fees. Farmers/landowners determine whether hunters may harvest antlerless deer or deer of either sex.
    Information requested on the application, determined by a DNR survey of farmers/landowners, addresses common concerns about selecting the hunters most likely to address farmer/landowner needs.
    To obtain a list of potential hunters, farmers/landowners should contact their DNR district wildlife biologist as listed at http://www.IN.gov/dnr/fishwild starting Sept. 14.
    Hunters must be 13 years old to apply. Further information will be available in the 2009-2010 Hunting and Trapping Guide.
    According to Indiana Code, a hunter who is invited on a landowner's premises for the purpose of hunting does not have an assurance that the premises are safe for that purpose. Therefore, the owner of the premises does not assume responsibility or incur liability for an injury to the person or property caused by an act or failure to act of other persons using the premises, unless the act is of malicious intent or is illegal.

Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County
    Salamonie, Mississinewa, Huntington. Several public places relatively close to you. Don't overlook those, plus the price is right!

Cam

Top Bottom