• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • QB 45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Lafayette
    I work for Applied Ballistics in Lafayette. I'm very well versed in all things NFA, and have done tons of NFA applications for customers. My account is associated with AB's FFL, and I have no trouble viewing the business inventory that's on the NFRTR. However, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to view my own personal inventory with my own account - it only pulls up AB's inventory. I've searched many times for the answer, but have never found it. What if I were to decide to sell one of my personal NFA items (which I'm not, but still)?

Has anyone else had this issue?

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    So are you looking for your personal form 4's that you did with another FFL? I don't think you will see those. I assume you would see form 1's you may have done for yourself, but at least for form 4's us non FFL folks don't see those from everything I understand.

Last edited:

QB 45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Lafayette
    So are you looking for your personal form 4's that you did with another FFL? I don't think you will see those. I assume you would see form 1's you may have done for yourself, but at least for form 4's us non FFL folks don't see those from everything I understand.
    My Form 4's were done with the FFL I manage, and my Form 1's were done under my own account. While I'm not necessarily looking for the Form 1's/4's, the eForms system allows you to see a list of firearms that are on the NFRTR for you. Since my account is associated with AB's FFL, I have no trouble viewing the business inventory. However, I cannot for figure out how to view my own personal inventory with my own account - it only pulls up AB's inventory. No one I've asked knows the answer so far, and I've searched Google high and low.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    My Form 4's were done with the FFL I manage, and my Form 1's were done under my own account. While I'm not necessarily looking for the Form 1's/4's, the eForms system allows you to see a list of firearms that are on the NFRTR for you. Since my account is associated with AB's FFL, I have no trouble viewing the business inventory. However, I cannot for figure out how to view my own personal inventory with my own account - it only pulls up AB's inventory. No one I've asked knows the answer so far, and I've searched Google high and low.
    Gotcha. When I did some looking and asking with ATF directly (I called) and some reddit searches, in my case with my one lowly suppressor form 4, I was told by ATF that I would never see that in efile. They said filing FFL would see that but not me.

No idea how it works for Form 1's (assume you would see those as they get filed by the owner) or beyond that.

Aszerigan

Whitetail Trading Co.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    390   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    I work for Applied Ballistics in Lafayette. I'm very well versed in all things NFA, and have done tons of NFA applications for customers. My account is associated with AB's FFL, and I have no trouble viewing the business inventory that's on the NFRTR. However, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to view my own personal inventory with my own account - it only pulls up AB's inventory. I've searched many times for the answer, but have never found it. What if I were to decide to sell one of my personal NFA items (which I'm not, but still)?

Has anyone else had this issue?
    If you're on Applied Ballistic's FFL as an authorized user, and registered on Eforms with permission to see their inventory, that's all your going to see. Individuals can not view their form 4'ed inventory on Eforms, only dealers can. Form 1's, yes, but nothing else.

As an individual, you can not file Eform 4's, that requires an FFL to do. If you're looking for a submitted form 4 through AB, you'll be able to see it under your submitted tab (obviously). If you filed a form 4 personally to sell an item to an individual, you won't ever see that form show up on Eforms since individuals can not use the system for this.

As a side note to everyone without FFL access - Individuals without an FFL can not see a form 4 filed by a dealer under their submitted tab. I have no idea why ATF sets it up this way. When we (as dealers) file form 4s, we enter the transferee's username which should link it to their eforms account, but it doesn't. They receive a copy of the submitted form in their email, but even when it's approved, it doesn't show up on their approved tab in eforms. It does for us, but not the receiver. Dumb, I know.

Eforms do not require an FFL to file a form 1, which is why individuals filing form 1s should see it immediately (or soon thereafter) in their submitted forms tab, and when approved, in the approved tab. Even though all the options (form 1, form 2, form 3, form 4, etc) are available to individuals, they can't use these tabs as they don't have an FFL.

TL-DR - Individuals can't see anything other than form 1s on their eforms, even after approval.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom