• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    No link yet, just heard it on WIBC. Car hit, no mention of the officer being hit. 38th and Industrial, that would be spittin distance from the Northwest District HQ.

Either shooting at the cruiser or collateral from another shooting. Neither of those are good, the former is much worse than the latter.

Any word Frank?

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    There is a strip mall on Commercial Blvd at 34th & Lafayette. That's where I got my covid shot and I wouldn't be there after dark. It would seem to be a perfect place for a large gathering at 3AM.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    There is a strip mall on Commercial Blvd at 34th & Lafayette. That's where I got my covid shot and I wouldn't be there after dark. It would seem to be a perfect place for a large gathering at 3AM.
    You big sissy. Are you serious. Thats all Hispanic for crap sake. I would have zero fear being in there after sundown. Done it many times.

That Mexican Mkt is great for certain foods.

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here
    I rented on Eagledale Dr. just south of 30th for awhile before buying the house on Thrush. It wasn't too bad back then (mid 80's to late 90's).
    I grew up on Patricia St. and then bought a house on the same street. Raised a family from the 70's to the 90's on that street, just off of Falcon Dr.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I grew up on Patricia St. and then bought a house on the same street. Raised a family from the 70's to the 90's on that street, just off of Falcon Dr.
    My family was the 1st family with kids to a buy a house in the original Eagledale right on 30th street. Middle of the block south side between Eagledale drive and Falcon Drive. 1 block east of the north 40 of the Speedway.
    CKW grew up on Patrica west of Georgetown. We both grew up here. We still own houses in the area. The area has had its ups and downs. right now its on an up. Save for the :poop: sacks that wander in here and out of the section 8 apts.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I work a couple buildings down/across the street from that police station. Not a fan of the area but not that worried about being there after the sun is down.

The only time i was kind of scared of being in that area (34th) was when the swat team was making entry into an apartment about 5 doors down from where i was working for the day.

Old Dog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    Yep, I know that area well. I grew up in Eagledale.
    Life is interesting and the world is a small place. I lived on 30th st across from the old infield gate. Went to PS 61 from 63 to 68. Moved to Bertrand about 66. Best friend lived behind me on Patricia. Another friend lived on Falcon Dr. and scoutmaster and girlfriend lived on Thrush. Used to go to Eagledale shopping center on Saturdays to hit the hobby shop for model cars. Also used to go down the ditch by the school and sneek into the track. Probably saw or met some of you back then!

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    The Police Office just across 38th and and 65 was shot up a bit a while back. I lived on 18th and Kessler for a while during college in the 80’s and I’ve hung around 500 guns on 16th St for about 30 odd years and have really seen changes around there. We used to sit in the shop with both front and rear doors wide open and never felt a bit unsafe. Would sit out front and watch all the fun when cars lined up on 16th for qualifying and practice. Traffic would be lined up to Taco Bell the night before the race and folks just having a good time. 500 Guns is now fortified to the teeth and the rats still get in at night somehow. Doors are barred and you need buzzed in and everything is on camera too. But I’m getting off topic. If people aren’t concerned about shooting at cops they surely are worried about shooting at us. Glad nobody was hurt this time and hope everyone stays safe.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Life is interesting and the world is a small place. I lived on 30th st across from the old infield gate. Went to PS 61 from 63 to 68. Moved to Bertrand about 66. Best friend lived behind me on Patricia. Another friend lived on Falcon Dr. and scoutmaster and girlfriend lived on Thrush. Used to go to Eagledale shopping center on Saturdays to hit the hobby shop for model cars. Also used to go down the ditch by the school and sneek into the track. Probably saw or met some of you back then!
    Yup. If you were at the Hobby shop. We raced slot cars in there when I had the time. I graduated NWHS in 68 so I was a bit ahead of you but younger brother and sisters in your age bracket.
    Eagledale was a great place to grow up.

Living off of Falcon or anywhere on Thrush if you remember a red 64 Dodge with fender well headers (LOUD>>>just LOUD) Hemi car 3 peddles and fast. Very fast. That was me.
    Teal green 57 Chevy...loud enough and stoopid fast....yup, me.
    Blue 68 Impala S/S 427 3 peddle car. Yup....me.
    There were many more but those stand out.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom