May 19, 2008
    redneck or hilljack, lets see.

Country music makes my ears bleed
    I don't own a truck
    There are no dead animals on my walls
    I find nascar as exciting as watching the grass grow
    I have never been to graceland
    I am an Episcopalian, the religion that accepts all

That being said, my best friend is a redneck and I would be hard pressed to find a more loyal,honest friend.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Guess I need to quit wearing my flip flops and "Okie Power" T-shirt when I go to the Walmart to buy more ammo. I guess I could leave the flops in the truck but I wouldn't know which one of the 13 dogs ate them while I's in the store. I guess I could ask my daughters sister, my wife which one did it but since she's pregnant with another little bundle of joy, that'll make 11 so far, she caint see her bare feet thru the floorboards. I know what you're saying, 11 kids are you nuts? There's just something about hearin' the younguns calling out "uncle daddy" that gets me right here!

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    There's just something about hearin' the younguns calling out "uncle daddy" that gets me right here![/QUOTE]

You owe me a new keyboard, it now has mt dew and miracle ship all over it:rockwoot:

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Just got back from it there. Saw guys wearing stuff they shouldn't. People thinking that a half torn shirt is acceptable as clothes to wear in public. :dunno: Watched the tractor pull for close to 3 hours. To bad the AC didn't win. Had a group of teenagers sit next to me and every other word out of their mouth was stuff you don't want your 3 year old to hear. I like going to these type of events but the sometimes it does make me wonder about what these kids are going to make of thier lives.

Where do they keep all of the 4-H projects at the fair grounds? I have been there 3 years now and have yet to find them.

The 4H projects are in the David Boll Theater/Community Building (letter L on this map). The Open Class (non 4H "adult" submissions) are in the Family Arts Building - letter Z on the map.

ETA: I'm wondering the ownership/leasing arrangement or whatever governs the grounds. They've got those little yard signs every 50 ft. or so along the road in saying "No Alcohol, No Drugs, No Firearms". I don't know how the new law affects them.

Last edited:

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Hey I'm a gravedigger. I have to look up to rednecks and hillbillies! ;)
    :lol2:

Lots of folks seem to lump shooters in with hilljacks/rednecks/etc.... While just about every "country" person I know does own firearms, a pretty large number of blue and white collar folks I know do as well.

I've always thought it odd that the uninitiated think "guns folks" are poor and uneducated. Most of the shooting sports (sporting clays, IDPA, etc...) tend to draw from ALL socio-economic classes, and were traditionally RICH mans' sports.

That said, this site certainly isn't same crowd as a fancy-schmancy country club! No fake smiles and cold handshakes around here.

91FXRS

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2011
    NWI
    I think this is a good spot for #100. I want to thank all you redneck hillbillies for all that you have taught me. Am I as sophisticated or educated as [STRIKE]some[/STRIKE] most of you probably not, but in the time I've been here it doesn't mean a damn thing other than my posts aren't as proper as some of yours. I stumbled on INGO trying to find info about a LTCH and then it got me like a virus so much info, great debates and a W I D E variety of opinions but we all have one thing that got us here, WE LOVE GUNS! :rockwoot::ar15:I just hope she uses better judgment when she votes.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    In my experience most shooters that I meet are doing well in their careers. Guns, ammo, gear are not cheap. I wonder if what turned this particular person off to INGO is a general attitude and prejudice. Just because a person is a gun owner does not make them a gun enthusiast, much less a gun advocate. Think of how often we read an article that quotes a gun owner as saying things in the effect of "concealed carry is wrong" or "we need common sense firearms reform".

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    ETA: I'm wondering the ownership/leasing arrangement or whatever governs the grounds. They've got those little yard signs every 50 ft. or so along the road in saying "No Alcohol, No Drugs, No Firearms". I don't know how the new law affects them.

Same here, because that's county property so it's not a private owner setting his own rules...

What about the Unemployment office? They have signs posted saying "No Weapons of any kind permitted on the premises - State of Indiana"

The property they're on is owned by the city, and shared with 2 colleges, but the colleges don't own the property or building apparently...

Xenokilla

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Mishawaka
    In my experience most shooters that I meet are doing well in their careers. Guns, ammo, gear are not cheap. I wonder if what turned this particular person off to INGO is a general attitude and prejudice. Just because a person is a gun owner does not make them a gun enthusiast, much less a gun advocate. Think of how often we read an article that quotes a gun owner as saying things in the effect of "concealed carry is wrong" or "we need common sense firearms reform".

I agree, I carry but I don't have NRA stickers on my car, I don't wear shirts like this PIECE KEEPER PRO GUN TEA PARTY PISTOL 2ND AMEND T-SHIRT. I even don't mind the current Indiana gun control laws. But i do love guns!

POC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 17, 2010
    West Baden, IN
    Gotta disagree with that. I definitely feel that INGO is the "grownup's table" out of the current choices of Indiana gun forums.

Are you sure she visited this site and not another one? You know, the one where "people say whatever they want?"

That would have been my guess too. :rolleyes:

I agree that INGO is far from being a hick/redneck society. The majority of us are mature, and there are lots of members here that I am proud to say they represent me/us as gunowners.

But, no matter WHAT you think of the other gun forums, lets not bash them.
    After all, they too are gunowners.

The "other site" is more "up scale" in my opinion. There are some things said that I wish weren't, but nothing "redneck" or "hillbilly" in my estimation.

The threads there RARELY spiral into the "LEO bashing" or "personal attacks" that are all to frequent here.
    :patriot:

Drakkule

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Butler,IN. 46721
    I am not a red neck, but i do have some red neck tendencies. As a new member, i have spent a lot of hours looking through this site, and have found nothing that makes me think we are a bunch of red neck/hillbillies. Then again, if i am one, would i notice? I am a firearms fan for life, target shooting has been a GREAT stress reliever, and it's always a good time. People can call me what they wish, i do not get bothered by what other people "think" they know about me, i know who i am, and where i stand. From what i have read here, i would be fine being grouped in with most everyone here.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    My rules for life:

1. Be who you are.
    2. Don’t infringe others RIGHTS.
    3. Don’t worry what others think of you as long as you are following 1 & 2.

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    The "other site" is more "up scale" in my opinion. There are some things said that I wish weren't, but nothing "redneck" or "hillbilly" in my estimation.

The threads there RARELY spiral into the "LEO bashing" or "personal attacks" that are all to frequent here.
    :patriot:
    Dont bother, Amongst the rednecks and hillbillies there are always a few better than thou types :D

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    My rules for life:

1. Be who you are.
    2. Don’t infringe others RIGHTS.
    3. Don’t worry what others think of you as long as you are following 1 & 2.

WHOA WHOA WHOA hold it right there. This is the internet so it should read.

1. Be who you wish you were
    2. Don't infringe on others rights unless their opinion is different.
    3. What others think matters because I need the rep points

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    WHOA WHOA WHOA hold it right there. This is the internet so it should read.

1. Be who you wish you were
    2. Don't infringe on others rights unless their opinion is different.
    3. What others think matters because I need the rep points

Okay, I'll send you rep, (cry baby) :rolleyes:

Top Bottom