• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nawainwright

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    New Hampshire
    FOXNews.com - Obama Pitches Jobs Program, Points Finger at GOP for Economic Mess

Seriously.....they want to keep making this argument? Lets not forget, the Democrats have been in charge of congress since 2006. That is 3 full years of their policies, and keep in mind, before that the GOP didn't have filibuster proof majority in the senate.

Party leaders of the United States Senate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Party leaders of the United States House of Representatives - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I am so tired of this...it was old hat when it started and just comes across as demeaning that they think we are this stupid that we're gonna buy the line, hook and sinker.

:ar15::ar15::xmad::xmad:

El Cazador

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    NW Hendricks CO
    FOXNews.com - Obama Pitches Jobs Program, Points Finger at GOP for Economic Mess

Seriously.....they want to keep making this argument? Lets not forget, the Democrats have been in charge of congress since 2006. That is 3 full years of their policies, and keep in mind, before that the GOP didn't have filibuster proof majority in the senate.

Party leaders of the United States House of Representatives - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I am so tired of this...it was old hat when it started and just comes across as demeaning that they think we are this stupid that we're gonna buy the line, hook and sinker.

Well, grit your teeth, it's not going to get better for a while, if ever. It's already getting louder and more combative, since we're getting to the point where their programs from the Spring should be showing some results, and they aren't. Things are still getting worse.

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township

Wow, I'm so suprised that one party is blaming the other.:rolleyes: 99% of what I see around me is just classic party bashing. Lets blame the other guy. Well let me tell you something....both pop parties suck!!! They are in the same business.....and that's government. They both have one major goal, and that is to take your money. They just happen to have two different stragedies to pull off the heist. Guess what people, while we are sittin' around complaining about the other side, feelin' cocky about our own ideas, THEY ARE ROBBING US BLIND. They count on our disagreements. They survive at this purley through media hype and our bi-polar tendencies. The more we are divided, the more successful they are. And by the way.....FOX news is a bunch of crap. Just about all major media outlets are. Read it, but don't take it too seriously. They are just fueling the fire of conflict for thier own personal gain.

nawainwright

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Please don't misunderstand, I certainly don't think either party has (or will ever) do any real service for us. However, to me, it seems disingenuous to run around pretending that even though you've been in control for 3 years and hold a supermajority in the senate, that somehow its still the other party's fault. I also realize that it is in their nature to be disingenuous, but to be so blatant about it seems ridiculous to me.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    This goes back to the clinton doctrine of "It's not my fault". A whole generation has been brought up on finding someone else to blame and not shouldering the responsibility.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I will tell you how I see it. The mess the US is in is the fault of incompetent, greedy, self appointed Demigod's on both sides that have not been held accountable and refuse to conduct themselves as anything other than the privileged elite. Both parties are the problem.

5.56'aholic

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    <- tragic boating accident
    I will tell you how I see it. The mess the US is in is the fault of incompetent, greedy, self appointed Demigod's on both sides that have not been held accountable and refuse to conduct themselves as anything other than the privileged elite. Both parties are the problem.

Exactly, accountability, honor and morality are long gone from the three branches of our once great institution.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Wow, I'm so suprised that one party is blaming the other.:rolleyes: 99% of what I see around me is just classic party bashing. Lets blame the other guy. Well let me tell you something....both pop parties suck!!! They are in the same business.....and that's government. They both have one major goal, and that is to take your money. They just happen to have two different stragedies to pull off the heist. Guess what people, while we are sittin' around complaining about the other side, feelin' cocky about our own ideas, THEY ARE ROBBING US BLIND. They count on our disagreements. They survive at this purley through media hype and our bi-polar tendencies. The more we are divided, the more successful they are. And by the way.....FOX news is a bunch of crap. Just about all major media outlets are. Read it, but don't take it too seriously. They are just fueling the fire of conflict for thier own personal gain.

So they should fall in line with the others and become a mouth piece for this Administration?

I agree that neither party has what's best for us in mind. There is however, a world of difference between the two, especially now. The issue with the Republicans over the time they were in power had more to do with cowardice (they feared and toadied to a media who will always hate them) than ideology. It's simplistic to say they're both the same. I challenge you to look at the events since the election and say that.

As to FOX, IMO they've gone a lot more conservative lately. Before they changed some formatting in the last couple of years, I would have said they were balanced, and at least they commonly have people representing the other side.

The best way to understand an issue is not to read the "neutral" news story about it. The best way is to read opposing editorials. The news will always be slanted, but often in a way you can't detect unless you know the subject intimately. By reading both sides of an argument, all the weaknesses of either side are exposed.

As to blaming Republicans, this is nothing new, and they aren't even subtle about it. You've got Bill Clinton, of whom there is credible evidence that he committed a rape, and the worst kind of sexual harassment; acts bordering on assault in exchange for the promise of a job, and the media blamed the parade of accusers. Clarence Thomas is considered the poster child of harassers, and all he did (which he denies with some credibility) if the accusationsa are true, is persistently ask a very empowered woman for a date persistently, and make off-color remarks.

My personal favorite, though, was in the early 90s. The first Pres. Bush backed down from his no new taxes pledge because of the tremendous pressure from the dems and the media that he would be "shutting down the government" if he vetoed the tax bill. They ran many stories about all the horrors that would occur, since the dems had promised to kill any emergency bill keeping the government running. It would have been all Bush's fault.

Fast forward a couple of years, the exact same situation under Bill Clinton. In this case, Clinton was the President and promised a veto because Congress didn't give him the spending he wanted. Now, complete reversal and it was going to be Newt Gingrich's fault that the government was shut down. This was only five or so years apart. I was in my early thirties then, but that was the first time I truly realized how easily the public could be led by the nose.

If the media actually reported fairly, hell, if they reported 25% more fairly, we'd never elect another Democrat.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    I think everyone has basically agreed with each other.

We have been betrayed more by the Republican party than by the Dem/Lib/Com ect. We counted on the republican party to do a job and they didn't do it,

So in my estimation IT IS the Republican party's fault but its all we got, I have some very strong Libertarian view's but we all know the libertarians can't form a decent defense against the Dem's who hold the welfare strings and will scare or bribe big city people into voting for them, Or just flat out steal the vote,

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    I think everyone has basically agreed with each other.

We have been betrayed more by the Republican party than by the Dem/Lib/Com ect. We counted on the republican party to do a job and they didn't do it,

So in my estimation IT IS the Republican party's fault but its all we got, I have some very strong Libertarian view's but we all know the libertarians can't form a decent defense against the Dem's who hold the welfare strings and will scare or bribe big city people into voting for them, Or just flat out steal the vote,

I am with you about the Republicans. I voted for them so they would oppose the RATS.
    They did not do it.

Sent in an RNC opinion survey today.
    In big Red letters I wrote:

"NO RINOS"
    "NO LUGAR"
    "NO MCCAIN"
    "NO GRAHAM"
    "NO SNOWE"
    "NO COLLINS"

"NO RAT WANABES"

Top Bottom