• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Not meaning to sound horrible, maybe putting your dog down now would be more humane and less painful for your pet then dragging it out. I'm sorry to hear about your pet...

Hanu

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2011
    Not meaning to sound horrible, maybe putting your dog down now would be more humane and less painful for your pet then dragging it out. I'm sorry to hear about your pet...

I would never let Toby suffer. He means the world to me and I would rather suffern than him. The vet doesn't believe he is in pain based on his slow, regular heart beat. He said you can't always judge by their actions because it is their instinct to hide weakness but animals in pain have an elevated heart rate. We keep him on a low dose of pain medications to make sure. He still has that light in his eyes that says he is enjoying life. The first sign that he is not will be my sign that it is time.

Thank you, sincerely, for your concern. I would rather put him down a week too soon than a day too late to avoid him being in pain.

ditto

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2012
    Newburgh
    I would never let Toby suffer. He means the world to me and I would rather suffern than him. The vet doesn't believe he is in pain based on his slow, regular heart beat. He said you can't always judge by their actions because it is their instinct to hide weakness but animals in pain have an elevated heart rate. We keep him on a low dose of pain medications to make sure. He still has that light in his eyes that says he is enjoying life. The first sign that he is not will be my sign that it is time.

Thank you, sincerely, for your concern. I would rather put him down a week too soon than a day too late to avoid him being in pain.

You are a good owner, Toby is lucky to have you. I think you are doing the right thing. My deepest condolences to you and your family.

s&wluvr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    LaPorte/Michigan City area
    My thoughts and prayers are with all of you who have lost loved pets. I have had Golden's for many years and have had to put Maggie down about 4 years ago. I balled for quite a while but knew it had to be done. I currently have 2 Goldens ages 11 and 3. I know that the 11 year old doesn't have that much time yet but he's still getting along well. Goldens are know for short lives usually from cancer.

And, that poem really brought tears to my eyes. God bless all of you who take care of these wonderful creatures.

Top Bottom