• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I've heard for decades from anti-gunners that "guns kill people" and they use this as justification for banning firearms.

In my 25+ years of shooting, I've yet to see any firearm pull its own trigger or otherwise fire itself without human intervention.

So, to put this theory to the test I've set up a controlled test where a 1911 is pointed at a target and is left for an indefinite period of time to see if in fact the gun will fire itself.

DSC02252.jpg

So, what are your thoughts? Should I put a webcam on the net so the rest of the world can watch this exciting experiment unfold?

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    I say go for it.

The only things I would add would be a back stop of some sort, just in case. I'm not saying that it will shoot by itself, but you never know what might happen.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Good point. I was planning on using the neighbors house in the office chance it actually did fire... probably a bad idea "just in case".

I knew I could count on some great feedback. :D

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    That alien is scary. Ya someone did something similar but it's just an animated .gif An actual web cam might be cool. I guess? Makes a good point anyway.

s&w.gif

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    You might also put a digital clock in the picture, with the date, if possible. This way it has the real date and time in the shot, and people can't say that it is just a screen shot .gif (not that it really matters)

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    You might also put a digital clock in the picture, with the date, if possible. This way it has the real date and time in the shot, and people can't say that it is just a screen shot .gif (not that it really matters)

You can do a static image and overlay an an arbitrarily updated caption just before posting it to your website, then refresh it periodically. No cam needed. I can script the whole thing with about three lines of code. You can even have the website HTML generate the image on-the-fly as the page is loaded so it will be "up to date" each time the page is loaded.

Glock Lover

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    muncie
    I don't know about your weapon but my Glocks are trained to automatically fire upon contact with an alien. This may adversely affect your experiment.

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    You can do a static image and overlay an an arbitrarily updated caption just before posting it to your website, then refresh it periodically. No cam needed. I can script the whole thing with about three lines of code. You can even have the website HTML generate the image on-the-fly as the page is loaded so it will be "up to date" each time the page is loaded.
    Right, but I was going for more of the 'real' footage angle. Not a picture with an updated time stamp.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I don't know about your weapon but my Glocks are trained to automatically fire upon contact with an alien. This may adversely affect your experiment.
    While my weapons aren't trained to fire themselves, I do regularly train to engage alien targets. We face a very real threat from aliens and I will not be caught unprepared for an invasion.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    ..and for those of you who think alien threats are a joke.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ag44dRO8LEA"]YouTube - Regan's ALIEN speech to UN[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KvC_NDlHoI[/ame]

Top Bottom