• redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    DillonKool-Aid-man.jpg

:rockwoot:
    Reloading Room Pics upon arrival and set up ;)

:rockwoot:

1 million thanks to Andrew at Profire for walking me through the process, advising me on which calibers are compatable and all yall steering me away from a big Lee mistake.

Buy once, Cry once-Indygunworks

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I could of bought 3 lees after I accessorized :laugh:

Which isn't a bad idea, really. If you have a Lee Pro1000 for every caliber you reload and don't have to tune them back in after each caliber change, you can make a lot of good ammunition quickly. Even after buying a Dillon, I still run plenty of ammo on a Pro1000 that I keep dedicated in 1 caliber.

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    <<< Is Jealous.

I am saving my pennies for a Dillion 650. But man is it taking a long time. Happy reloading!

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    I still love my Lee for depriming and full length sizing of .223 but my Dillon 550 is my prefered machine. The Lee gets dirty and abused while my Dillon stays clean.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    392   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Congrats on your decision

Good Deal RNM!!

You will NEVER slap the "Snot" out of yourself for buying too GOOD of a tool--OR--Dillon, for that matter...Bill.

PS: If you already have a Lee press-Keep it.==GREAT use for it:
    Get about 25' of 1/4" nylon rope, and attach it to your Jon Boat-Keeps the boat from drifting too fast when you're on The River!!-HA HA.....

Last edited:

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    im glad i bought a dillon. as it turns out progressive reloading is not for me. i lost money on my dillon when i sold it, but if i had bought a lesser brand i would have lost more

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    392   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Top of the Resale Value Heap...

im glad i bought a dillon. as it turns out progressive reloading is not for me. i lost money on my dillon when i sold it, but if i had bought a lesser brand i would have lost more

Allen, you should not have lost much-They claim that Dillon retains 80-85% of it's value on resale?? Bill.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    392   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Get the Education First=Reloading Second..

I have to wait on reloading until i am done with college and won't be moving around so much.. Very jealous of you reloading guys.. Factory ammo for me for now :(

You're right where you need to be..Just keep saving your fired brass--Your time WILL come..Bill.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    392   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    i paid about 50 bucks to learn that i want to stick

i sold it for about 85% of what i paid. i only used it for a couple hundred rounds. i think thats pretty good. i paid about 50 bucks to learn that i want to stick to my forster coax

That's not too bad-figure around $2.00 an hour rental fee for the set up and load process..HA HA..

Look at it this way-Someone else was SURE happy to become a Dillon Owner..Bill.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    In auto racing, they have a saying: "Speed costs money; how fast do you wanna go??"

The same thing is true when it comes to reloading ammunition. If you want to reloads hundreds per hour, safely and effectively, that costs more money. I don't drive a racecar and I'm not in a hurry to get my reloading done and over with. I enjoy it too much. I've got nothing against Dillon equipment but I doubt I'll ever buy one unless my son gets into competitive shooting.

Where are the pics?

cyprant

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    We made the lee mistake in January with a loadmaster... after a couple of months of not being able to get it run well for any amount of time Natchez was happy to exchange it for store credit! Stumbled upon a 650XL in the caliber we wanted for $500 and we will be using our $400 natchez credit for bullets and what not. +1 Natchez! After all the extras that a lee requires it would behoove someone to seek out a used dillon. We could have found a used 550 for less than $500, but the deal that came our way was perfect. (Included in home setup by a pro shooter, demo, and Chronograph the bullets that I had specked out.)

Back to previously scheduled programming

Last edited:
    Top Bottom