• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PMR

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 28, 2013
    NWI, Cedar Lake
    Hey all, I have the opportunity to buy a Feg Mark II model APK 380 ACP imported by Interarms out of Alexandria VA.

From what I can find on the web they were importing them in 97 & 98. I have read good and bad things about the gun, but for me it will just be a range gun, I want it because I like the way it looks and there is a little sentimental value tied to it also.

So I'm looking for

1. A price range for it, it's in very good shape and doesn't look like it's been fired much. I want to be fair with the seller but don't want to over pay.

2. Seller, a friend lives in Illinois do I have to do FFL transfer? Or will a receipt be good?

Thanks for any help...Pat

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    I'd suggest hitting Google and see what they might be selling for on the 'open market'. There's probably (at least) half a dozen for sale on GunBroker or GunsAmerica or similar sites.

If you live in Indiana and the Seller lives in Illinois, the firearm must go from an Illinois FFL dealer to an Indiana FFL dealer, then to you. Whoever pays for those transfers (2) is between you and the Seller.

Often, such transfers are sufficiently costly that the 'bargain' price of the gun turns out not to be such a bargain. Transfer fees can easily add an additional $100 - $200 to the purchase price. So, IMO that should be factored in when the purchase price is negotiated.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    There are some shops in NWI that will do the transfer on the cheap (I've heard some doing $20 transfers) but I haven't the slightest idea what the other side of the transfer would cost.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Also - it may not have to be shipped from an IL FFL to your IN FFL.

If you speak with the FFL in IN you want to do business with, you can see if they'll accept a "walk-in" from the IL resident. I'd say that chances are low that they'll accept the gun that way, but they might.

-J-

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    It does not legally have to go from FFL to FFL. That is only store policy at many places.

Your friend could walk into an Indiana FFL with you, give them the gun, you do 4473 and NICS and take the gun.

Make sure the Indiana FFL is good with this arrangement first.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    I am gifting my father a GSG 1911-22 and he lives in Illinois. Found an Illinois dealer that will let me do this very thing.... walk in, give them the gun, dad does paperwork, BG check and waiting period (72 hours for handguns in IL) and gets his gift.

Gunaria

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    A couple other things you might want to consider, spare mags for FEG's are not the cheapest around. Also if parts break, they might be hard to find at times and you could be looking around for awhile. And paperweights do not make good range toys.

PMR

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 28, 2013
    NWI, Cedar Lake
    Thanks for the advice guys, the Indiana dealer did the transfer as a walk in, cost me $30.00, here's the pics.

As for the problem of finding mags or parts I am a little concerned but I got the gun for $100 bucks and she threw in a H & R Sahara .22 which needs a stock for free so it was a no brainer.

She's moving to California, doesn't shoot and didn't want to take them with her.

.image.jpg

Last edited:

maceace

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    NWI
    sounds like you got a great deal on the gun, I usually use these guys they are in Schererville right behind Don Pedro's restaurant on us 41 and they only charge $20 dollars and accept from private party shippers for your future purchases...
    Indiana Defensive Firearms
    2440 Ontario Street
    Schererville, IN 46375
    Phone: (219) 558-2035
    Fax: (219) 558-2063

Top Bottom