• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooter1054

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    South Indianapolis
    With people like you Edbean, I have a glimmer of hope. The history of our country is a series of pedulum swings. I'm hoping that your generation and mine can keep it on the correct side. With liberty and justice for all.

Calvin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Bloomington, IN
    It amazes me how many people wish the Arab populations in the countries currently protesting/revolting had weapons to defend themselves. Many of those same people can't see the correlating principal in our 2nd Amendment rights. It's a complete breakdown in common sense.

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    Thank you shooter I really appreciate that.

I want to share something my dad told me when I told him this...

The other hilarious part of this was the NO ONE that gave their .02 of **** had any experience whatsoever. "My brother and dad shoot and im so scared of the guns. They are loud. What if my brother shot my dads head off." Was her argument.

he said "I can go get in my car and drive 120mph into a pedestrian or a tree, should we ban cars?"

Zephri

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Indianapolis, Northside.
    I dunno, when I visited a couple of my friends at IUPUI I met about 4 other guys and one girl who love guns on the dorm level above ours, heck two of them have their licenses to carry too.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    I'm starting to get older, latter 40's, and even I can see a difference in how my son's generation and mine differ when it comes to firearms. I have stayed in touch with a few friends from high school, all three are Democrats, and are hunters and gun owners. Most younger Democrats hate guns and hate people who own them. The brain washing is complete, for the most part, in the left wing of government and is creeping up on the right wing too. Sad-assed state of affairs.

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    Well if you look back, being a liberal was what we consider conservative today... dono wtf happened...

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Do you think my generation will be stupid enough to eliminate the second ammendment? (im 21)

You do realize that even if the Right to Keep & Bear arms weren't specifically enumerated in the Bill of Rights as the Second Amendment that we'd still have that right...right?

Meaning that the Constitution / Bill of Rights DO NOT GRANT US OUR RIGHTS. The BoR is merely a short list of inalienable rights bestowed upon us by our Creator deemed sufficiently important enough for the Founding Fathers to specifically enumerate as those which are especially egregious for the Government to infringe upon.

The Bill of Rights is NOT an exhaustive list of our Inalienable Rights. Myriad rights exist outside the writings; they are no less important / viable.

-J-

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    You do realize that even if the Right to Keep & Bear arms weren't specifically enumerated in the Bill of Rights as the Second Amendment that we'd still have that right...right?

Meaning that the Constitution / Bill of Rights DO NOT GRANT US OUR RIGHTS. The BoR is merely a short list of inalienable rights bestowed upon us by our Creator deemed sufficiently important enough for the Founding Fathers to specifically enumerate as those which are especially egregious for the Government to infringe upon.

The Bill of Rights is NOT an exhaustive list of our Inalienable Rights. Myriad rights exist outside the writings; they are no less important / viable.

-J-

I do realize that, but tell an anti-gun or an atheist that we dont need laws, "god" said we could carry glock 27s.... (I am agnostic btw). The bill of rights is a bill of sale IMHO and I agree with you that it did not GIVE us the right... but if it didnt, and the floating man in the sky didnt... then who did? And how do we protect that right from harvard law bookworms who just happen to run the country.

tgallmey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    New Haven
    I hate our generation there all stupid and mostly wanting someone to take care of them so they can remain mindless while they watch reality TV shows and divulge on fast food while driving there tiny little cars of a cliff

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    I hate our generation there all stupid and mostly wanting someone to take care of them so they can remain mindless while they watch reality TV shows and divulge on fast food while driving there tiny little cars of a cliff

Sadly, one of the best summaries of our generation. I can tell you one thing... if and when I have a kid, they arent watching any of this Icarly child soap opera drama lady gaga bull****. :shootselfinthefacesmiley:

Jury's still out on how God feels about Glocks. :D

If believing in some floating sky dad is your thing, and you believe that the creator has a plan for everything and everyone... wouldnt gaston glock and his invention be designed by god? Next time one kabooms... wouldnt that technically be divine intervention. Its gods fault. Always is. :laugh:

Last edited:

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Oh, we had a few dandies in my high school too, but the teachers actually grabbed their butts and hauled them to the office. One dude, we called Ed "The Head"-serious stoner that was one or two years older than us-got his jacket flipped over his head and body slammed to the ground by Mr. Olsen. Then Olsen grabbed his ass and hauled him to the office. Before he left the room with "The Head", he yells at us and says if anyone gets out of their seat, he will personally whoop their butt. I think people are going down because they do not suffer the quick and to the point consequenses of being stupid and rude. I fear it will bring all of us to our ugly end someday soon.:twocents:

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Please do not make this into a religious discussion per the rules.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    I'm starting to get older, latter 40's, and even I can see a difference in how my son's generation and mine differ when it comes to firearms. I have stayed in touch with a few friends from high school, all three are Democrats, and are hunters and gun owners. Most younger Democrats hate guns and hate people who own them. The brain washing is complete, for the most part, in the left wing of government and is creeping up on the right wing too. Sad-assed state of affairs.

I find the opposite, I find that older Antis are more firm in their belief, but that younger ones can be easily swayed. Perhaps that is just because I am younger and can more easily relate with people my age though.

I do realize that, but tell an anti-gun or an atheist that we dont need laws, "god" said we could carry glock 27s.... (I am agnostic btw). The bill of rights is a bill of sale IMHO and I agree with you that it did not GIVE us the right... but if it didnt, and the floating man in the sky didnt... then who did? And how do we protect that right from harvard law bookworms who just happen to run the country.

Leave "religion" out of it then? Many people think of human rights as rights that everyone is born with, not "given". Use that approach.

Anyways, being similar in age, I find the simplest thing is to invite someone shooting. People our age may think they have strong beliefs, but we are also a generation that has grown up playing video games that focus around firearms, and we are a generation that has grown up hearing about all the horrible crap going on in the world. People our age are curious, whether they will admit it or not. Give them positive exposure, and they will eat it up.

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    Please do not make this into a religious discussion per the rules.

Fair enough, my apologies. I was just making a joke and made sure to avoid telling anyone what to believe. :thumbsup:

Leave "religion" out of it then? Many people think of human rights as rights that everyone is born with, not "given". Use that approach.

Anyways, being similar in age, I find the simplest thing is to invite someone shooting. People our age may think they have strong beliefs, but we are also a generation that has grown up playing video games that focus around firearms, and we are a generation that has grown up hearing about all the horrible crap going on in the world. People our age are curious, whether they will admit it or not. Give them positive exposure, and they will eat it up.

- thats exactly what im trying to say.

-I agree, good point. However, I really just started this post based on my experience with 99% of people I randomly meet here in the proximity of campus. I said earlier, when this girl said this, three of my buddies instantly were like, hold on here.... all three of them were previously telling me guns are stupid and dangerous, but were now defending shooting sports and self defense. All three of which told the girl to go shoot with her family and give it a try. I can get people to realize that its not what you see on tv, if I have time and they get to know me. Its those random people, friends of friends, classmates, etc who just get under my skin. Its that, and the sheer quantity of people who are either ignorant or afraid.

Its not a huge deal, but I fear that if this majority of anti-gun people grow up (no pun intended) to fear firearms, it wouldnt be too hard to "vote" them into being illegal. Thats the problem. They will have to come take my guns, but I dont ever want to be an outlaw just because I want to protect myself or like to hunt/shoot.

Last edited:

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by whatever freak occurrence of lightning, swamp gas and muck they may or may not believe in with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, exploding guns and the pursuit of Happiness.

Paraphrased, of course. ;)

Top Bottom