• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ADT knights

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Hendricks County
    Anyone else hear the female *DJ on x103 calling hunters "stupid idiots" bc cougars are now extinct. It happened at about 7:17 pm tonight. She pretty much spent 2 minutes bashing hunting.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Wasn't aware that cougars were even endangered, little less extinct. They're always eating someone in California everytime I turn around. Sounds like the typical nonsense you'd get from someone who talks into a mic for a living.

grimor

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    Elkhart
    The World Conservation Union (IUCN) currently lists the cougar as a "least concern" species. The cougar is regulated under Appendix I of the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES),rendering illegal international trade in specimens or parts.

Cougar conservation depends on preservation of their habitat.

In the United States east of the Mississippi River, the only unequivocally known cougar population is the Florida panther. Until 2011, the United States Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS) recognized both an Eastern Cougar (claimed to be a subspecies by some, denied by others) and the Florida panther, affording protection under the Endangered Species Act. Certain taxonomic authorities have collapsed both designations into the North American Cougar, with Eastern or Florida subspecies not recognized, while a subspecies designation remains recognized by some conservation scientists. The most recent documented count for the Florida sub-population is 87 individuals, reported by recovery agencies in 2003. In March, 2011, the USFWS declared the Eastern Cougar extinct. However, with the taxonomic uncertainty about its existence as a subspecies as well as the possibility of eastward migration of cougars from the western range, the subject remains open.

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    and again i say, there are cougars everywhere here in Carmel. in fact, i saw at least 6 or 7 today at Chick-fil-A (apparently it's a hot spot for them).

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    !!!!cougar.jpg

Top Bottom