• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    There's no money to be made by ,buying CD's. So if a guy thought about investing some money into a couple firearms, like an AR15 what kind and what are they selling for.I've owned Colt and Bushmaster, but nothing else in this platform. Anyone seen any deals?

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    if you want to "Invest" you'd have to go the NFA route.

Otherwise find a good used high quality big name AR. If you buy one new you'd lose that investment. Since, I'm guess you're talking about just from an investment standpoint you'd be more likely to get what you paid out of a used gun than a new one.

I'd look for Noveske, LaRue, Lewis Machine, or Colt. If you find a used one in good condition you should be able to get the same amount back out of it without losing much money at all.

But, a Full-Auto M16 would definitely retain its value a lot more.

djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    wish i would have bought 4 Hs Precision HTR's when I bought it 5 or 6 years ago. I got one for 1600 and now their 3000 plus. I made 84 dollars off of a CD the other day when I cashed it in.

buzzard pickins

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Out by the Prague pond
    Wow. I had no idea. So, does anyone want to donate a full auto to a poor newly wed? I'll be very grateful :D
    NEWLY WED,that explains why there is no beer cooler in your man cave.

Just kidding.

There is money to be made in the fine art of buying and selling of handguns and long arms. The problem arises when you fall in love a piece and it takes up residence in your safe.Then there is the issue of profit margines, most think they are about to make a killing, I would rather make ten small profit deals than wait on the sale of the century.
    My old swim coach always said turnover is the key, right after he told me to set my beer down and put out that cigareet.:twocents:

r6vr6

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Granger
    There's no money to be made by ,buying CD's. So if a guy thought about investing some money into a couple firearms, like an AR15 what kind and what are they selling for.I've owned Colt and Bushmaster, but nothing else in this platform. Anyone seen any deals?

Colt 6920 is pretty much the standard.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Lower receivers. They are inexpensive again, easier to turn, compact for storage.

I'd also consider LRPKs.

Buying the complete firearm for investment is problematic as they are harder to store and since the platform is so modular will be difficult to turn as you will never have what people want.

Mrmonte

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 1, 2009
    Indy South Side
    Lower receivers. They are inexpensive again, easier to turn, compact for storage.

I'd also consider LRPKs.

Buying the complete firearm for investment is problematic as they are harder to store and since the platform is so modular will be difficult to turn as you will never have what people want.

Like Kirk said, lowers are the way to go. However, im not sure about the legality of buying firearms with the intent to sell at a later date for a profit. :dunno:

r6vr6

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Granger
    What kind of prices are you seeing these for? Also whats the differance in 6920 and 6721?

Midwest gun exchange had them for $1089 for quite some time. I haven't been in there for a while so I am not sure if they have them for the same price now.

I'm not a Colt man myself so I am unsure of the differences in models. I think their website has decent info on it though.

uniquejohn

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    west lafayette
    I would guess that any quality firearm in good condition would return as much or more that the current cd rates, but tops would be a full auto if that is in the price range.

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    If, and only if, another assault weapons ban were put in place, the price of many things would raise dramatically. Magazines for example. Many are reasonably priced now. At 44mag.com you can get D&H black teflon coated 30 round mags for like $8.50 Some other mags are less. Remember how much hi-cap 10/22 mags went for during the last ban? I wish I'd been sitting on a pile of them back then.
    A highly desireable AR15........What about the new Colt 6720 that is being made exclusively (at this point anyway) for Clyde Armory? That might be something to look into.

Top Bottom