• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Have we not listed an aircraft carrier and nuclear weapons yet.

I like that extensive list that was posted, any idea of the investment costs.......or staff to make it remain in working condition...

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    I think some of set up would be a minimum of 40 acres, mix of pasture/fields (ie. flat!) with mixed hardwood forest. Basically I would be looking for a homestead/farmette with applicable out buildings. I would like to have the house situated toward the center of the land, bermed, metal roof, with alternative/off-grid power and heating systems and passive solar. I would also establish rings of security, including natural barriers, fencing and sensors. I would like similar minded neighbors/friends or family near by. I would, of course like to have all of the requiste tools/training for being self -sufficient for an extended period of time with livestock and food crops. Additionally, I'd establish escape routes with cached food/equipment off-site.

insidethebunker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2009
    North of Louisville
    AtlasFArtistRend.jpg

[FONT=arial black,avant garde]Atlas F site[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Upstate NY's Adirondack State Park[/FONT]

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]20 acres (or more). Most highly developed Atlas F site, part of exclusive airport subdivision on (FAA approved) 2050' runway, Low taxes. Privacy, security, and, unlimited possibilities. NO other like it anywhere.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Price $2.3 million.[/FONT]

Forget it, I've already got a bid in on it..... :lol2: I wish...

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    wow is all i can say. when you said no object people went all bill gates and what not. good stuff here though if you were a billionaire

Not me. I could have my wish list for a few hundred thousand on top of what I have now. Less than a million certainly.

I have invested in my entire property, preps, and buildings far less than some of the houses I see in the upper middle class neighborhoods in Indy. Bring me up to their income level and I could have my wish list easily.

insidethebunker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2009
    North of Louisville
    NO neighbors, is good neighbors.

They'll just lay around figuring you know how to work cement, grow a crop, use and store weapons while they spend their time now laying by their swimming pool and galavanting in their RV.

Screw the neighbors. Times get tuff I'll use them to fertilize my garden if they show up at the door and claim their place as my own. No matter what amount of land you buy now, it's only yours if you can defend it when SHTF.

You're going to be a blast at the "after the fall of society" cocktail parties..

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    I have invested in my entire property, preps, and buildings far less than some of the houses I see in the upper middle class neighborhoods in Indy. Bring me up to their income level and I could have my wish list easily.

When I can rep, I'm going to rep this up. I left Chicago because I could buy at least 5 rental properties in this area for the price of a Chicago house. It's very easy in this state to get something going that generates income to buy the things you need. I'm just on a land search right now.

As to what I would do with unlimited funds, have 100 acres and a self subsistence property in Indiana, New Zealand, Chile, St. Kitts, and Andorra and one deep blue ocean cruiser stocked with 1 year of supplies. These are the countries that I have picked that are pro capitalism and generally protect their citizenry's personal info (obviously some better than others). Firearms laws range (no pun intended) but I'm handy with what I need to be. I do need to get some sort of income generating business that is not dependent upon geography going. Working on a few at the moment. I love my country :patriot: but the fact is sometimes bad things happen where you need to be geographically out of town for a little bit. Can't do much if you're dead.

The best part about all this is that if you're properly prepped - you're able to really help those in need. I know of more than one rescue operation in Haiti that saved lives that was funded by people who got prepped first, and because they were - were able to save others WTSHTF for them.

For a while I dated an Italian girl who inherited some vineyards in Italy and some businesses in New Zealand who taught me about 5 flags. If you want to get an idea of how billionaires pepare for "WTSHTF", you need to research this. Amazing stuff.

Top Bottom