• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • S&W 629 Classic or Ruger 77/44.........

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Well if it was for deer hunting, then the carbine That is a nice little rifle. Then of course once you have the rifle you have to buy a 629 to match with it.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Got the .44 bug I see. I like handguns as much as anybody, but it hard to beat a carbine as a working gun.

one more

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Thats the problem I have 2 629's and Im wanting the ruger! Ive also got the Marlin 1894.

Got the .44 bug I see. I like handguns as much as anybody, but it hard to beat a carbine as a working gun.

I AGREE 100%!!:yesway: I voted for the Ruger for Deer Hunting. I was going to say buy one each but with what you already have the only way you will feel better is when you are done shopping the list will read like this-
    three S&W 629's, two Marlin 1894's, one Ruger 77/44and for good measure one Ruger Black Hawk and one Ruger Red Hawk both in 44.:D

WILSON

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Top, left-hand corne
    I AGREE 100%!!:yesway: I voted for the Ruger for Deer Hunting. I was going to say buy one each but with what you already have the only way you will feel better is when you are done shopping the list will read like this-
    three S&W 629's, two Marlin 1894's, one Ruger 77/44and for good measure one Ruger Black Hawk and one Ruger Red Hawk both in 44.:D

Don't forgot:

ruger44carbines01w.jpg

:naughty:

asquires2

Marksman
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    Indianapolis

Yeah I have the .44 bug and its bad and I looked at the Ruger Blackhawk before I got my first my first 629. This is my third 44 revolver my first one was a Taurus 15yrs ago, she was sweet! Im thinking I might trade one of my 629's for the Ruger .

asquires2

Marksman
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    Indianapolis
    This is how its gonna work, Im working on a Encore Pistol in a 243 and a Ruger M77/44. Ive got a Dan Wesson 357 that Im trading for the Encore and Im selling one of my 629's to a friend of mine to buy the Ruger. The composite stock on the Ruger isnt bad but Im looking for some wood furniture to replace it . Im also thinking a Burris Handgun scope for the Encore and a silver Nikon Pro Staff for the Ruger. Man I cant wait till next month for the Gun show, Ill be like a kid in a candy store! What kinda groups are you guys getting out of the Ruger @100yrds?

reno

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    Indiana
    Well, if it is for deer hunting there is no question in my opinion. THe 77/44. I got one last fall and love it.

Top Bottom