• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I saw this ad on armslist.com, and it has hit me personally. If any INGO member gives this puppy a good home, showing photo proof, I will make you a pen for free.

ARMSLIST - For Sale/Trade: Want to trade Bullmastiff for pistol

These are the pens I have made.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break-room/394005-lovemachine-has-pens-sale.html

Do you know this person? I'd love to give the dog a home, but the concept of trading a family member for a gun infuriates me.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I wouldn't trade my pup for anything. But I'll add that I hope someone decent does trade with him and gives the dog a loving home. Seems sad but if he doesn't love the dog anymore then that, then someone else should.

bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    As much as I hate the idea, flag the listing.
    I wouldn't trade my dog for the power ball winning ticket. Seriously. No fugging way!
    If I had room for him, I'd take him. I've already got 1 dog the size of a pony...must resist.

On second thought, maybe ingo dog lovers should slam his inbox with offers of bedazzled high points and phoenix arms pistols!

As with any dog, I'm sure the right handler could break the chewing and digging quickly.

In fact, if an ingo member adopts the dog, I'll help train it to stop the bad behaviors

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I have an issue with paying anything for a dog when there are so many that just need adopting. If I had a inexpensive 9mm I'd trade just to give him a better home. Chez, If you can, go get this dog! I'll give you 50 bucks to help pay for dog food and anything else you might need to get started. I bet he's a good pup.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    seeing a lot, a lot, of assumptions here. This is why you don't walk into pet stores... you're going to feel sorry for the dogs and want them.

1. What in the post makes this person bad? Or potentially not legally allowed to have a firearm? I see nothing implying such.
    2. What in the post makes this dog good? It could be a terror and the person can't handle it anymore. Loaded with behavioral issues.

This could also be an upstanding citizen that takes excellent care of their dog, gives it a wonderful living situation... but might be a bit short on cash to afford a firearm that they wish to legally and responsibly own. /shrug

Maybe one of you can give the guy a call to get a better idea of the situation... but guilting others into picking up some perceived slack feels off.

There's no evidence that this person plans to abandon the dog. If he was going to, he wouldn't be offering it as a trade. He, like you guys, may also love the dog and just want him to go to a great home.

People sell dogs all the time, they have second thoughts about dog ownership... or they obtained the dog from a family member that passed away (I was in this situation recently, had to find a good home for two dogs). This guy is just selling the dog for something other than cash. It's not really that different.

If you want, or planned on getting a dog... then by all means, consider this trade. But don't go out of your way in a sense of duty, as though you need to save the dog. He looks fine to me.

Top Bottom