• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    Some bunny hugger has created an app that allows other bunny huggers and fearful people to mark areas and private homes that are full of "dangerous guns" so that they know not to transverse those areas, or go into those homes.

A number of pro-2nd Amendment people are promising to use it to mark 2/3s of their state which will effectively render it pretty useless.

I think that is a fine idea.

Controversial New App Encourages People to Flag Gun Owners, Businesses as ?Dangerous? and ?Unsafe? | TheBlaze.com

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Hurray, so criminals now know where to go steal guns. Or maybe they now know places not to rob....

Either way, I don't like it.

I'm okay with maps that pinpoint locations of sex-offenders. I'm not okay with maps pinpointing locations of law abiding citizens / firearm owners.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was all set to start screaming, "Dupe! Dupe!" on account of I started a thread about this a couple of days ago, but upon reviewing the list of threads I started, that one about the Gun Geo Marker app by the UCSD "lecturer" appears to have succumb to site upgrade wickedness.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Hey! I happen to like bunnies. They are cute, cuddly, and yummy.

As I mentioned in CIB's thread, "pin" all local LE, the National Guard, politicians with armed security, etc.... Poison the list.

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    Bull freaking double talk crap.

"In general, you should not worry about firearms owned by either hunters or gun enthusiasts who safely store and properly enjoy their weapons in the field, or at local firing ranges for recreational purposes. These are normally the people who have the highest level of commitment to gun safety, and abide by the laws regulating their hobby. The same holds true for most concealed carry permit holders, or other owners permitted and properly regulated."

from: Gun Marking Guidelines | Geolocate Dangerous Guns and Owners

kyotekilr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    down wind
    i think I might start a map like that for all of the people who have driven under the influence....using my smart phone...while driving

Glock10MM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    Hurray, so criminals now know where to go steal guns. Or maybe they now know places not to rob....

I'm okay with maps that pinpoint locations of sex-offenders. I'm not okay with maps pinpointing locations of law abiding citizens / firearm owners.

:+1:

GunnerDan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clark County Indiana

So would you be okay with making Jews wear a Star of David marking them as Jews? I don't mean to sound so critical, but I also despise apps, maps, and other forms of tracking anyone based on a crime they may have committed, firearms owner, or any other reason.

Gunner

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Hey! I happen to like bunnies. They are cute, cuddly, and yummy.

As I mentioned in CIB's thread, "pin" all local LE, the National Guard, politicians with armed security, etc.... Poison the list.

I know I am probably late with this but do you realize what BK is gonna do with this???????????????

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Some bunny hugger has created an app that allows other bunny huggers and fearful people to mark areas and private homes that are full of "dangerous guns" so that they know not to transverse those areas, or go into those homes.

A number of pro-2nd Amendment people are promising to use it to mark 2/3s of their state which will effectively render it pretty useless.

I think that is a fine idea.

Controversial New App Encourages People to Flag Gun Owners, Businesses as ?Dangerous? and ?Unsafe? | TheBlaze.com

So what's to stop anyone from tagging homes of anti-gun activists? Or anti-RKBA businesses?

“Possible insufficient training”
    would apply to the above quite nicely.

Top Bottom