If you could hunt with any weapon what would you choose?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • loony1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Southside Indy
    untitled-3.jpg

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I'd be happy if this state would let me kill a deer with my M44. Just one. That's all. Doesn't have to be a buck either.
    There are plenty of places outside Indiana that you can. In fact where I come from you would be considered silly to try it with a shotgun.....I've never hunted deer with anything other than my 30-06 in MN and I think that's probably all I will ever need for ANY type of hunting. I really can't think of anything alive that my 06 won't drop easily (provided I can hit it).

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    For my take on a serious answer...

I think a .243 would be my versatile choice, if rifle were allowed in Indiana, covers deer, coyote, groundhog, could push it for rabbit headshots... Not sure how well it would cover squirrel...

Is there a true do-it all caliber that would cover game from squirrel to whitetail deer size and still have an effective range to say..... 300 yards? I can't think of any off the top of my head... Except maybe an AR platform with multiple caliber uppers... .458 SOCOM down to .22LR, including a .223 and .204 Ruger...

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    Best all around hunting gun is a shotgun. You can kill all kinds of small game with one and thriow in a slug for any big game.

IF I was a on a deserted island with an abundance and variety of edible game a shotgun would be my choice..

Top Bottom