• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foxxie02

Marksman
    Rating - 97.2%
    35   1   0
    May 23, 2008
    At the range in Minnehaha in Sullivan county shooting with the son recently and while making the m44 belch fire my son says "oh my gosh that lady just painted everybody here". It seems the guy on the furthest lane had brought wife and mother to shoot as well. It did not take a rocket scientist to see they did not know how to shoot or range etiquette. The elder lady had twice turned with pistol in hand to talk behind her, once while loaded and ready to shoot, glad there was no accident since this was a 357 in her hands. I firmly and loudly said "yeah thats it just paint everybody here at the range why dont you" and this had the intended effect as the man who was "teaching" her quickly corrected the situation. This definitely drove home the issue of keeping it pointed down range at all times to son, the guy next to you will definitley appreciate it. :twocents:

Indecision

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2009
    Fort Bragg, NC
    Kudos to your kid for catching it. I will yell at people at a range too, I typically use more "colorful" words though. I don't like looking down the barrel of a gun very much.

kcw12

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 4, 2008
    I've only been the range once, well an actual range, I live back out in the country and my "range" is 10 or 15 steps out the door. Anyways my range trip had a lot of people whom I didn't care to be shooting with, because I had to look at more then 1 muzzle, and i didnt care to here rounds wizz over my head when i went to check my targets from other shooting areas. I know my chances of being hit was low to the big dirt piles but i still didnt like that sounds. Although there was 2 or 3 pretty cool people down there at the range, that knew how the range worked and so on. I may go back when there isn' t a bunch of punks with the Aks trying to be cool with them.

mbaza3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Arizona
    I just recentally saw two college kids buy .40 pistols and they where going right into the range at the gun shop without a clue. I was glad I mad it out there alive.

Top Bottom