• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Greece is in turmoil, massive riots, murders, burning of buildings. The International Monetary Fund is looking to bail out Greece. Of that, roughly 35 BILLION DOLLARS will come from the US tax payers.

So if we bail out Greece and they don't actually change their spending ways, then what about the other LARGER economies that are in nearly as bad a shape as Greece?

And then what happens here INSIDE the USA because we have states like California, Illinois and New York that seem unable to cut spending, trim their budgets and act in a fiscally responsible way.

Will we just keep bailing out until the US is in the same shape as Greece and we simply collapse? By bailing out other nations, and then our own states, are we simply enabling bad behavior? And are we simply exhibiting the same bad behavior and will we fall for the same reasons?

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    I just heard Charles Krauthammer on Fox say it is the right thing to do because if we don't, it'll spread across all of Europe and take the US down with it.

I think we are doomed either way, but it will certainly put the last nail in the coffin for our elected officials who vote for it.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Have you seen those people over there. Their country is on the verge of collapse and they are rioting because they don't want to give up anything. IDIOTS. They remind me of a 2 year old that wants a piece of candy that their Mommy won't let them have.

After the last two thread posts, I am going to fix me a cocktail... this is ridiculous....

Atropine

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Bloomington
    I just heard Charles Krauthammer on Fox say it is the right thing to do because if we don't, it'll spread across all of Europe and take the US down with it.

I think we are doomed either way, but it will certainly put the last nail in the coffin for our elected officials who vote for it.

Absolutely wrong thing to do. If you artificially prop-up these countries, eventually we will be propping up Portugal, Spain, Germany, etc. The free market MUST be allowed to correct itself without artificial interest rates and government interference.

It's great to see a man who has predicted this mess for over 10 years be continually ignored by the state-controlled media

YouTube - Peter Schiff Was Right 02-09

mskendall

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 10, 2009
    NE Indy
    Greece's answer to everything.... RIOT! They riot over everything. If they don't get what they want they riot. Expat nailed it when he said they act like a bunch of 2 year olds. Let them fail! Nobody will bail us out when we need it.

WHAT HAPPENED

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    Largo, FL
    OK here we go again....

Greece was put into the Euro and did not qualify... The IMF gave them the money and then raised interest rates on them... Then the IMF is going to Bail them out with Greeces OWN MONEY!!!!!! And take there penstion funds and taxe the crap out of them and cut there pay.

Now you tell me if i gave you $100 U.S. and then charged you 10% in interest when I KNEW YOU COULD NOT PAY IT BACK then COME AND "BAIL YOU OUT" and take even more money from YOU... DOES that make sense?????

NO IT DOES NOT....
    And there you have I.M.F.

p.s. im trying to find the whole story give me time....
    Found it :D

Source: Max Keiser on Greece: ‘The IMF is a Financial Mafia’

“The IMF is a Financial Mafia”

At a time when Greece is being dragged through the mud by the international press, Max Keiser, one of the most radical and outspoken financial analysts, stands by our side and talks openly about a “financial mafia” and “financial terrorists” that drove this country to its destruction.

As a former Wall Street broker for almost 25 years, he knows how the financial system operates. Max Keiser had foreseen the financial collapse of Iceland, he asks for the arrest of Goldman Sachs bankers and encourages Greeks to hold a referendum on whether the country should turn to the International Monetary Fund.

He is a presenter of financial shows on major worldwide TV networks, including the BBC, the English Al Jazeera and Russia Today. Max Keiser told “THEMA” that the government’s measures are unsubstantial maintaining that the IMF will impose the real measures. He believes that Greece is a country that will be sacrificed by the international markets and urges the Greek people to fight this prospective.

PT: Is the International Monetary Fund Greece’s only solution, or are there other alternatives?

MK: The only solution for Greece is to arrest the Goldman Sachs bankers immediately and all those involved in the fabrication of Greek economic data in 2000, when you became a member of the eurozone. The next step is to nationalize all banks like Sweden did in 1993. The International Monetary Fund is that last thing you need. You will lose your sovereignty. It exercises terrorism. You will be raped in such a way, that it will be the worst pain you have ever felt.

PT: There are those who believe that the IMF is not the “bad wolf” but the only solution for Greece

MK: If someone burns down your house in order to sell you charcoal, would you consider this logical? That is exactly what Goldman Sachs did to the Greek economy. They burned you down like arsonists and then they tell you not to worry they’ll give you charcoal. It’s outrageous. The IMF has said that it can provide Greece with help. The Wall Street investment hedge funds are attacking Greece’s bond market so that the Greek economy collapses. And they’re doing this for a simple reason; to force the Greek people to ask for help from the IMF. The IMF will say, we came because you asked for our help. Wall Street bankers work very closely with the IMF. It’s a financial mafia and the hedge funds are the assassins. Research conducted on Goldman Sachs in the USA and in Europe show how big a mafia it is. They are involved in illegal activity throughout the world.

PT: Where is the European Union? How would you explain the stance of France and Germany?

MK: Germany is on the side of the Wall Street bankers. Germany doesn’t care about Greece or the euro. The euro replaced a cheap capital in order to uphold competitiveness in its export market. As long as Greece is a problem, the euro falls, which is something that is in Germany’s interest.

The European Union and the euro are competing with the dollar. Unfortunately, the crisis will destroy the euro. The financial terrorists on Wall Street intend to destroy Portugal, and other countries, after Greece. The destruction of the euro will allow the dollar to be the only international currency, the only fiscal reserve. If a country wants to buy petroleum, it must purchase dollars first. If a country wants to buy copper, it must purchase dollars first. Because these and many other commodities are only sold in dollars. This means that the U.S. is making a continuous profit. The whole world is obliged to buy dollars. The euro threatened the empire of the dollar. It was naturally not appreciated by Wall Street bankers. They are using the crisis to destroy the euro. The Greek people must stand up to the bankers, just like the Icelandic people did.

What do you propose? How can we manage to borrow from the markets?

MK: You should hold a referendum just like they did in Iceland. 93% of the Icelandic people decided not to give some bankers 5 billion euros. You have to decide if you want the IMF in your country. Your government does not have the mandate to go ahead with this. Do they consider you stupid and that is why they aren’t asking you for your opinion? Do they believe you’re babies and that you don’t have the right to voice your opinion? That you can’t decide for your own lives? Ask for a referendum. Do you want the IMF in your country or not? You have the power. You have to fight. If a referendum is not held then you need to have elections. Nationalize all banks immediately, create two or three state banks and restructure your economy. Just look at what Sweden implemented in 1993.

Last edited:

smoking357

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Mindin' My Own Business
    Greece is in turmoil, massive riots, murders, burning of buildings. The International Monetary Fund is looking to bail out Greece. Of that, roughly 35 BILLION DOLLARS will come from the US tax payers.

So if we bail out Greece and they don't actually change their spending ways, then what about the other LARGER economies that are in nearly as bad a shape as Greece?

And then what happens here INSIDE the USA because we have states like California, Illinois and New York that seem unable to cut spending, trim their budgets and act in a fiscally responsible way.

Will we just keep bailing out until the US is in the same shape as Greece and we simply collapse? By bailing out other nations, and then our own states, are we simply enabling bad behavior? And are we simply exhibiting the same bad behavior and will we fall for the same reasons?

Our economy is as bad as Greece's, but we just have more banks to kite checks through.

Why is our dollar worth anything? It's horribly inflated fiat money. I saw the other day that the National Debt is over 90% of GDP. Have you been tracking the Loonie? Their economy is heavily asset rich, but they're depressing their currency to maintain parity with their largest trading partner. They can't and won't hold the line forever.

We will eventually try to pass off our currency at a bank that will refuse it, and when that faith is lost, it crashes quickly.

Buy land and seed.

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Greece's answer to everything.... RIOT! They riot over everything. If they don't get what they want they riot. Expat nailed it when he said they act like a bunch of 2 year olds. Let them fail! Nobody will bail us out when we need it.

When we need bailed out there will be no one left to do it, except possibly the Chinese.

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    The Chinese have been bailing us out. Who do you think is at the Treasury's auction window?

I agree, I was being slightly facetious but not quite sarcastic. Yes, our economy is being helped by the Chinese right now. In the event we need a full bail-out, the Chinese will probably be the only ones in the world with the financial strength to do it.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head

When we need bailed out there will be no one left to do it, except possibly the Chinese.

China has bailed us out now more than once and has our balls in a jar on their shelf. Also, how can we bail out Greece without giving them money we borrowed from somebody else? Nothing but good things can come from that idea and has served us so well already.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008

Let the EU crumble. It's not going to bring us down if we do all the right things. I think we're past that though. Either way, we HAVE to stop giving more to other Countries. Period.

And all this talk about the Chinese. Forget it. Most Country's experts are predicting a collapse in China by the end of the year. Games up folks. We're all fked.

Time for the world economy to collapse so we can all start over.

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN

Then we bail out Italy, Ireland, Spain etc.... it will never end; but, we will rule the world then! :rolleyes::noway::n00b::dunno:

Top Bottom