If this isn't luck, I don't know what is.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    He was following to close. If he would of been a further back it is very possible it would of missed him all together.

But yea, regardless that is some scary stuff.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    There is audio, so why do we not hear some kind of reaction from the driver? Could this possibly be set up? Why did he have video going?

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    There is audio, so why do we not hear some kind of reaction from the driver? Could this possibly be set up? Why did he have video going?

Not to surprised you don't hear anything from him/her! Likely just locked up. The video is a bit suspicious though, who just video's the highway drive?

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I was driving around 465 a few years back when my front passenger window exploded. Startled the crap out of me, for sure. Never found any debris in the car, other than the glass.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    I've seen this before...the driver said he was recording because the two vehicles in front of him had been displaying some road rage toward each other and he wanted to catch it on tape.
    Still scarey stuff. Makes me look at debri on the side of the road in a different way. :rolleyes:

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    When I was younger (probably middle school) there was a guy that took a deer, or part of it, to the head/chest through his windshield. The deer crossed at a bad time on a dark stretch of a country road and the guy really didn't have time to react. He wasn't quite so lucky. Either his kid or his wife (can't remember) had to get his foot off the gas and try to get on the brakes without any more damage happening.

ddavidson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2012
    Clermont, IN
    I've seen this before...the driver said he was recording because the two vehicles in front of him had been displaying some road rage toward each other and he wanted to catch it on tape.
    Still scarey stuff. Makes me look at debri on the side of the road in a different way. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I was wondering why someone would be recording some random flatbed truck for no apparent reason. This explains it.

And I probably would've blown a hole through my seat. :ar15:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Had a similar (though less damaging) experience. We were driving home from church when a random piece of sheet metal flew off of a nearby semi and slammed into the passenger-side fender. A little higher up and sheet metal would have met torso at 70mph. My reaction was about the same as this guy: stunned silence .

msteiner17

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 8, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    That was insane how close of a call that was. The only close call I had was following a semi down the highway trying to get to work when he kicked a loose 2x4 up from the road. Fortunately I was far enough back that it went under my car and not through the windshield... but it did still tear a massive hole in one of my sidewalls.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Still scarey stuff. Makes me look at debris on the side of the road in a different way. :rolleyes:

Un-huh, sure.

You just happen to be recording (instead of driving) and and an extremely freak accident occurs.

:rolleyes:

Top Bottom