If they pass Socialized Healthcare, will you fight it?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    I'm about to start a job in which the company provides a couple of different options for health care plans. One is more expensive as it has a wide range of coverage and they also have a less expensive plan that obviously has less coverage.
    Because of my current health status, I plan on going for the less expensive plan.
    But what if the government, through these new health care bills they plan on passing as law, determine that the coverage I have chosen is not up to par? Will they fine me? Will I continue to get fines if I don't comply? Will they escalate their penalty toward me because I won't comply?

Have you thought about what YOU will do?
    Will you refuse to get the "proper insurance"?
    Will you refuse to pay the fines and penalties?
    Will you stand your ground and risk going to jail for not complying?

I have thought about this to a small degree and figure that if it came down to it, I would have the constitution on my side and could get a lawyer to help defend my rights...I think I would fight this as much as possible.

How about you?

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I'm with you. Until this "Healthcare blunder", I mean bill, becomes a Constitutional Amendment it's an unConstitutional Law and one I think a few lawyer firms would LOVE to take to the supreme court. I don't currently have medical insurance because, besides this freakin kidney stone, I'm a very healthy person. If I get sick, or hurt, it'll be a freak accident and then I'm screwed. But I don't have the money to pay for insurance because I've got enough bills the way it is. I can't afford to buy insurance.

So no, I don't plan on complying.

Arm America

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    West of Greenwood
    Good question. I don't agree with forced healthcare.
    I look at it as I do auto insurance.
    If I want to drive, I buy insurance based on my needs.
    Fancy car gets more insurance,
    Greater healthcare coverage, less deductible, costs me more.
    (Its a gamble but it's mine)

I'm self employed, what I'm hearing is the penalty for not having it
    is less than the coverage. Again, our smart Politicians at work.

I will continue to have coverage as I have a family.
    I currently pay over a grand a month.

I don't like or agree with any Government forced plans,
    I don't like or agree with paying for others needs, being it government housing,
    daycare, utilities or healthcare.
    I don't object to helping out disabled, or paying my fair share.

Want benefits? Get a job and pay for them yourself!

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Want benefits? Get a job and pay for them yourself!

And that's what the Gov doesn't get. My wife works, gets good insurance. I carry eye, and dental. The two oldest have that and medical. She has all as well. I chose to opt out of medical because it would cost her less and I'm the most healthy in the house. Less of a chance for me to need the coverage. Especially since she's the one about to have a hysterectomy. But for the government to FORCE me to carry medical insurance is asinine. Why should we be forced to pay for something we can't afford and do not need?

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    My Concern

I have insurance through my work. My concern is that I am going to be forced to pay for someone else's insurance by means of increased taxes or that the cost of my insurance will go up because of this legislation. I am not inhuman but I think that there is already more than enough coming out of my paycheck to fund all sorts of programs that I don't benefit from while I have to use the remaining money that my government leaves me to take care of my own family.

WWIIIDefender

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    Forced to purchase a product aka healthcare, NO THANK YOU.
    Forced to be fully vaccinated in order to get care, NO THANK YOU. Forced to pay a fine on refusing the unconstitutional forced healthcare NO THANK YOU. Prison time for not paying fine, Bring it :ar15:

Rating - 100%
    137   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Forced to be fully vaccinated in order to get care, NO THANK YOU. Forced to pay a fine on refusing the unconstitutional forced healthcare NO THANK YOU. Prison time for not paying fine, Bring it :ar15:
    Yeah thats what I'm thinking.Mans gotta take a stand somewhere:ar15:

Arm America

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    West of Greenwood

This pretty well sums it up for me!!!

If we could all get on the same page:

"NO SOCIALIZED MEDICINE"
    "NO MORE BAILOUTS"
    "NO MORE INCREASED TAXES"

They can't lock us all up!

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    I tell you one thing. If it contains tax funded abortions, I will never pay taxes again. Yes, I am drawing the line in the sand right there!!!! At some point you need to stand up for what you believe in. I cannot knowing pay taxes that would go to pay for abortions!!!! Come get me!!!!!!!
    Tax funding for abortions is already happening through Planned Parenthood.

Just do a search for planned parenthood funding...

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Under the current HOUSE version if your insurance is not per the gov std then you have "no insurance" and will be fined (aka TAXED) when it comes time to fill out your 1040s.

So in the end it will not be that you are going to jail for not having medical insurance. You will be going to jail becuase you failed to pay your taxes.

This last line is what the media and the sheep will get/read. Person xyz was a bad person and unAmerican becuase s/he failed to pay his/her taxes.

See the beauty of it.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Under the current HOUSE version if your insurance is not per the gov std then you have "no insurance" and will be fined (aka TAXED) when it comes time to fill out your 1040s.

So in the end it will not be that you are going to jail for not having medical insurance. You will be going to jail becuase you failed to pay your taxes.

This last line is what the media and the sheep will get/read. Person xyz was a bad person and unAmerican becuase s/he failed to pay his/her taxes.

See the beauty of it.

No, the beauty of it will be when American's finally take a stand and say :fawk:

IrishSon of Liberty

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I currently carry no medical/health coverage. Likewise, I haven't had medical insurance in almost seven years.

I will NOT accept any plan mandated by the government. I will NOT pay any fines regarding such either. And I will NOT acknowledge anything of the sort as being Constitutionally based either.

As for paying the tax/fine, that's not a problem either. As I do my own tax preparation, I'll simply omit that line and staple a copy of the Constitution to my return. I will fight this, and all the other tyrannical actions being performed by the progressive leadership of this country, until the absolute bitter end, God forbid.

Likewise, when the Census arrives next year, the overwhelming majority of the questions will receive a "n/a" marking, and probably a side note of "unconstitutionally based question" in the margin.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    No, the beauty of it will be when American's finally take a stand and say :fawk:

The sheep won't... as long has American Can Dance is on, their is food @ KFC, the welfare checks come, and gas is at $3 the sheep don't care.

At the end of the day the health care bill will pass. The only hope now is that the public option gets tossed (currently that is the case in the Senate).

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    The sheep won't... as long has American Can Dance is on, their is food @ KFC, the welfare checks come, and gas is at $3 the sheep don't care.

At the end of the day the health care bill will pass. The only hope now is that the public option gets tossed (currently that is the case in the Senate).

Don't be so sure. On both points. More people are waking up everyday. And the Senate is still out to pasture on the PO. Just because they don't call it that doesn't mean it won't be in the bill SOMEWHERE.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Too little, too late SE. Even if the people wake up tonight it's over. Health Care Reform is coming. We have lost this battle it's time to move on to the next one and the one that many keep saying "oh he won't"... 2A is next.

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    I'm with you. Until this "Healthcare blunder", I mean bill, becomes a Constitutional Amendment it's an unConstitutional Law and one I think a few lawyer firms would LOVE to take to the supreme court. I don't currently have medical insurance because, besides this freakin kidney stone, I'm a very healthy person. If I get sick, or hurt, it'll be a freak accident and then I'm screwed. But I don't have the money to pay for insurance because I've got enough bills the way it is. I can't afford to buy insurance.

So no, I don't plan on complying.

If you get hurt you will likely get health care regardless if you can pay or not. Thats the problem. Health care should not be mandatory, but if you do not have it then it should be cash, check or Visa at the ER. That way we dont end up funding your care.

Just like all those in Katrina that chose not to buy flood insurance. They are out of luck.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    If you get hurt you will likely get health care regardless if you can pay or not. Thats the problem. Health care should not be mandatory, but if you do not have it then it should be cash, check or Visa at the ER. That way we dont end up funding your care.

Just like all those in Katrina that chose not to buy flood insurance. They are out of luck.

I'm sorry, but I think you fail to understand how uninsured health care gets paid for.

I don't have health insurance, but I got a kidney stone. They gave me CAT Scan, drugs, the whole works. I should have just gone writhing in pain in my own home and started chugging the rest of my Hennessy cause it all cost me $3676 just for that. :eek: I just opened the bill I got today. It gives me a phone number to call to arrange payments.

Payments.

No one else pays for it but me. Not medicare/caid, not any kind of welfare, I pay for it.

But if you want to pay my medical bill, be my guest. I have enough bills to worry about! :):

You see, I don't have 3600 dollars to pay at the ER while I'm waiting for care or for my wife to bring the car around. The hospital would no longer take patients that either didn't have insurance or pass a credit check or bring a bag full of money with them. That would be horrible and I hope you didn't mean it like that.

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    I'm sorry, but I think you fail to understand how uninsured health care gets paid for.
    No one else pays for it but me. Not medicare/caid, not any kind of welfare, I pay for it.

Unless you don't pay the bill, then they insurance company eats it, and passes the debit to all the paying customers, like me. When an illegal uses the ER, that's what they are doing. They are using the service they did not pay for, cannot pay for, and leaving behind the bill. That's how uninsured health care gets paid for, the bill gets passed to me, as a rate hike.

I'm not saying you're going to skip paying the bill, but if you did, what are they going to do, take your house? The hospital has no other option.

The hospital would no longer take patients that either didn't have insurance or pass a credit check or bring a bag full of money with them. That would be horrible and I hope you didn't mean it like that.

That's what it means, yes. If you cannot pay, you cannot play. Having me pay for someone who does not pay, or cannot pay, is no different that government healthcare. I get no say in the matter. Either way, I'm footing the bill.

Is there another solution you have in mind?

Do we let the kids in?

Do we let the elderly in?

Where do we draw the line? The Dems want to open it to all.

Merry Christmas

Last edited:
    Top Bottom