• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drysdaleg

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    So lets say this ban on assault weapons goes through. What do you think will happen? Go door to door searching for them? Hold a day to where you have to turn your weapons in? What do you guys plan on doing? I'd never give up my firearms, but lets say they come to your home. What would you do if the forcefully tried to remove them from you?

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    What guns? Oh that? Airsoft of course. Don't you see the red tip?

More realistically they would grandfather everything in. Trying to collect 200million + guns is kinda a recipe for disaster.

g+16

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    If they came to my home it would mostly depend if my wife is there or not, if she was not near as likely to get in firefight (besides that they would'nt find all of them). If she was not at home and just felt like the right day:ar15:hell I don't know

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    So lets say this ban on assault weapons goes through. What do you think will happen?
    Stimulate guns sales.

Go door to door searching for them?
    Who is going to do this? Cops? I don't think so. They have houses too, and neighbors.

Hold a day to where you have to turn your weapons in?
    Don't know about you, but I'm not going to that event.

What do you guys plan on doing?
    I already did it. See first response.

I'd never give up my firearms, but lets say they come to your home. What would you do if the forcefully tried to remove them from you?
    First of all, there are too many of us, and too many guns, to collect them all would be physically and logistically impossible. Secondly, that would be the start of a very dark time in this country. Doesn't make for good politics. Even Obama would not want the inevitable consequences of such a blatant tyrannical crime on his hands.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    And some of us have guns that will more than likely be collected right along with everyone else's. If it does in fact happen, you won't see my smiling face on your doorstep.

Yep, that was my point exactly. For as hard of a time as a lot of folks give LEOs here on INGO, the fact remains that cops are Americans just like any other guy who goes to work every day, grew up in the same country the rest of us did, swim in the same pond as all the other fish, and still take pride in being free men. Just ain't going to happen.

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    And some of us have guns that will more than likely be collected right along with everyone else's. If it does in fact happen, you won't see my smiling face on your doorstep.

How many of your fellow officer do you think would try to enforce this if it came about?
    It maybe just be me bit it seems like a lot of officers are anti gun. :dunno:

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    How many of your fellow officer do you think would try to enforce this if it came about?
    It maybe just be me bit it seems like a lot of officers are anti gun. :dunno:

I have no idea. I would love to be able to say that none of them would participate, but I am sure there will be those that will do anything to keep their jobs and remain in good standing with the powers-that-be.

I don't know any officers that are truly anti-gun, but I know there are some that are against anyone but the police owning guns.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    What would you do if the forcefully tried to remove them from you?

The words "We The People" would be more powerful than they have been in over 225 years and society as we know it would change for ever.

404281079.jpg
    404281079.jpg
    404281079.jpg

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    This is a very silly thread.

I don't know any officers that are truly anti-gun, but I know there are some that are against anyone but the police owning guns.

That is truly anti-gun. Hope this helps. I do applaud your stance on nonparticipation.

Light

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Near Fort Wayne
    I feel they will ban sales, maybe not person to person but definitely any going through an FFL.

I would assume they would also do a "buyback" program offering ridiculous prices on them in an attempt to get a large number of them. It would also be a good "sell-out" method for any individuals who were trying to sell them in a storefront, or small businesses maybe.

I don't see a door to door program ever working out. Not that I condone it, but I feel a lot of individuals would be willing to get into a firefight to keep the rifles, and that combined with the probable negative cooperation from many police officers or military in the matter, I think it would be a bad move for the government to attempt. The payoff is much less than the risk they would be taking by doing it.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    nothing will happen, this is exactly what the gun stores want though. Id bet most of the big gun stores are voting obama just so they can hike up prices on any "assault weapon" and people will pay them out of fear.

Hajisc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   1
    Oct 11, 2012
    Westville,In.
    I travel a lot all over the country and have talked about this with a lot of people ( mostly maintanance men / blue collar types)and if it came to a house to house situation the concensus is that another cival war would happen. Especially in southern states and more rural communities.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    I travel a lot all over the country and have talked about this with a lot of people ( mostly maintanance men / blue collar types)and if it came to a house to house situation the concensus is that another cival war would happen. Especially in southern states and more rural communities.

In my opinion most would turn them in for food if it was a starvation problem and the pockets of resistance would be smalll and confined.

Top Bottom