• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    ok call me stupid and laugh at me all you want but what is it that makes this take the cake??:dunno: me no understand

That's the kind of statement that is not based in reality in any way, shape or form. It isn't even a common myth, but rather some dude clearly talking out of his arse. I'd venture to say that most machineguns are designed around supersonic ammunition and usually, if there is a failure related to ammunition, it would be due to underpowered ammunition, not the other way around.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    you cant fire a weapon on full auto with supersonic ammo anyway it will jam

Any ammo not marked "Subsonic" is usually supersonic. Which is what everyone uses in full-autos (unless maybe suprressed).

and, everyone beat me to the punch. well for those that can't view or didn't view the video, the comment is above.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    That's the kind of statement that is not based in reality in any way, shape or form. It isn't even a common myth, but rather some dude clearly talking out of his arse.

Those are the kind of statements that are so wrong that it is hard to pick a starting point for explaining just how wrong it is.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I started to leave a comment that he was right, you can't silence a .50 cal because it would create a small nuclear explosion. That's what happened over Hiroshima, when they tried to supress the .50 cal machine guns to protect the hearing of the aircrews.

But I decided it wouldn't be very nice. And he might have believed it LOL. Probably just a kid trying to figure things out. Sounded almost like something mine would say. I spend a couple hours a day listening to some of the new gun designs he comes up with for the day when he is running Kincaid Arms :D

Edit: BTW, think there's a market for a double barrelled machine gun, one barrel firing rifle rounds, the other shotgun rounds?

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    That's the kind of statement that is not based in reality in any way, shape or form. It isn't even a common myth, but rather some dude clearly talking out of his arse. I'd venture to say that most machineguns are designed around supersonic ammunition and usually, if there is a failure related to ammunition, it would be due to underpowered ammunition, not the other way around.

When I read that individual's comments this immediately came to mind...

YouTube - billy madison - insanely idiotic

WileECoyotee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 24, 2009
    Huntington.IN.
    I started to leave a comment that he was right, you can't silence a .50 cal because it would create a small nuclear explosion. That's what happened over Hiroshima, when they tried to supress the .50 cal machine guns to protect the hearing of the aircrews.

But I decided it wouldn't be very nice. And he might have believed it LOL. Probably just a kid trying to figure things out. Sounded almost like something mine would say. I spend a couple hours a day listening to some of the new gun designs he comes up with for the day when he is running Kincaid Arms :D

Edit: BTW, think there's a market for a double barrelled machine gun, one barrel firing rifle rounds, the other shotgun rounds?

Maybe the same guy ?
    A double barrel shotgun is a machine gun! - THR

A double barrel shotgun is a machine gun!
    Help me out here.
    I consider myself pretty well-versed in the laws and not too dimwitted in general, ok.
    But, hear me out on this seemingly dimwitted question:

Would a double barrel shotgun that only had one trigger and fired BOTH barrels at a single trigger pull be considered a machine gun and otherwise fall under the NFA34?

I ask because:
    "...any weapon which shoots, ...automatically more than one shot, without manual reloading, by a single function of the trigger..."

So one trigger pull, 2 shots without reloading in between= machine gun????

Nevermind that it was one from each barrel, and that you have to manually reload after that.

Just curious?

C-

Last edited:

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008

The double barrelled shotgun/rifle machine gun is my kid's idea.... Soldiers can use the rifle bullets when the enemy is far away, the shotgun rounds when they are close. He's drawn it up, gas system, ammo backpack, everything.

I don't quite understand his design for modifying the gas system on the M-16 to route it through the magazine well, though. He feels it's current location under the front sight is too exposed.

Top Bottom