Idiot finds gun in truck he is REPO'ing...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • heavyhitter1k

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2012
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07Hmg65YrUE

Jump to about 2 min mark, and watch this fool point the gun right at his own face.

How dumb does one have to be to point a weapon at your own face, let alone not knowing if its loaded. SO wrong on so many levels....but mostly pointing a gun at yourself and breaking one of the four rules.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    INGO told me it was the same as playing with a big furry dog. He should be fine.

Side note, the loaded gun was left in an unlocked vehicle? Sounds like a responsible gun owner to me.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    In the comments he claims he is checking the caliber...by looking down the barrel...."which most gun owners can do by looking at the size of the barrel".

Most half intelligent gun owners know the caliber is printed on the barrel....and why the caliber is important during a repo, I'll never know.

Last edited:

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    He stated it was a 9mm, then unloaded the 'clip' and put the ammo somewhere else...but he didn't actually unload the gun. :dunno:

Then later on around 9:20 he asked if it was a 40...because it was too big of a barrel to be 9, but he knew it wasn't 45. He must really know his stuff!

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    He stated it was a 9mm, then unloaded the 'clip' and put the ammo somewhere else...but he didn't actually unload the gun. :dunno:

Then later on around 9:20 he asked if it was a 40...because it was too big of a barrel to be 9, but he knew it wasn't 45. He must really know his stuff!

I caught that too. Most gun owners can tell you know.

he is probably a good guy in all honesty. He said in comments that he had removed the "clip" and cleared the chamber already before recording...

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Most half intelligent gun owners know the caliber is printed on the barrel....and why the caliber is important during a repo, I'll never know.

Pffft, to have a cover story for doing something stupid.

Anywho, INGO told me that the Four Rules were old and busted so really, who cares if you point a gun at yourself, the gun knows not to shoot you.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I caught that too. Most gun owners can tell you know.

he is probably a good guy in all honesty. He said in comments that he had removed the "clip" and cleared the chamber already before recording...

I think it's a bit strong to call a guy an idiot who makes a mistake...we all make mistakes, but hopefully not fatal ones.

However, there is another layer- editing and posting the video without noticing what you did....and then the oh-so fun excuses as to why it was perfectly acceptable, or necessary or whatever. The final piece of the puzzle was referring to "best practices" in dealing with a gun from a repo'ed vehicle. Best practices......hmmm.

Anyhoo, having re-popped a car or two in my younger days, I found the whole thing amusing.

jimmythang

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    Forget the 4 safety rules.
    1.comments on the ladies height
    2. Mentions that her but was up in the air.
    3. Then let's her grab the potentally loaded gun. He might of well of asked her when the baby was due or commented on her gray hairs.
    He was a nice guy who handed a potentially loaded gun to a guy he just repo'd his truck. He didn't safety check the weapon because he didn't know how to. Putting the bullets in the center console only protected him from getting shot on the next reload. It served no purpose.

Awesome that he is a nice guy but gun or no gun come down and pick up your stuff later.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I'm way too lazy for the accent mark, Mike...which is why I'm confused that I would use my shill account to correct myself... :scratch:

Top Bottom