• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    Any one use ice cleats that slip over your boots or shoes. I picked up a set for the wife and me about two years ago and they work great. They are very easy to put on. They make it till you can walk on ice. This is the first year I have had to really use them. They allowed me to get in some range time yesterday. If you don't have any I suggest you get a set. They make it so easy to walk on ice. I will take all the help I can get walking on ice. You might want to add a set in the car for just in case or in your get home bag. If you try them you will like them.

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    The ones I got have a metal plate that has spikes sticking down from the plate. The plates are about 3.5 "X 2.5". One on the front and one on the heal. They work great. I have had no problems from them.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I bought a pair after that big ice storm a couple years ago. Im yet to try them because I always forget about them until I'm on my back looking at the sky.

1861navy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2013
    I made an effective pair myself a week ago out of some jute rope simply tied around my shoes. I was skeptical but after 4 or so miles offtrail in the backcountry of morgan monroe and climbing some hills with a 45 pound pack on; they worked dang well.

Falkin88

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Jagee beat me to pointing out the other thread. But I have a pair that I use at work and they can be pretty invaluable in the winter.

pgfrmr

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 30, 2012
    Fishers
    image.jpgI've got a pair of Rocky PAC boots that have them built into the bottom off the boot. When you want them out you just unfold them. The rest of the time they hide in the tread.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom