• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    private security. come on, do you really need me to spell it out? I wouldnt even let cops pat me down willingly. they (security) know they cant do it legally. you just need to let them know that you know.

and the cops better have a lot better reason than officer safety. no one is patting me down or taking my gun without arresting me first. then i will battle in court. I wouldn't fight the cops on the street. I would only do that if they try to come in my house.
    In this instance, however...the OP is talking about willingly entering private property.

Private security in this instance is an agent of the private property owner.

Your recourse is to leave.

Tat2dman46013

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2010
    Anderson
    Ya know I keep reading the security guard this and that,**** with one of them sometime and see how long it takes for the real boys to roll in!If they`re not allready!

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    In this instance, however...the OP is talking about willingly entering private property.

Private security in this instance is an agent of the private property owner.

Your recourse is to leave.

exactly. but if i HAD to be there for some reason then i would just conceal it and both sides would be happy. when i OC, i never try intentionally to cause problems. OC'ing in a hospital is just a common sense no, no, in my opinion, because you know you will be harassed. at least around indy you will. you never know about those podunk hospitals :):

public servant, are you stalking me? just come out with it ;):laugh: :gheyhi:

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    exactly. but if i HAD to be there for some reason then i would just conceal it and both sides would be happy. when i OC, i never try intentionally to cause problems. OC'ing in a hospital is just a common sense no, no, in my opinion, because you know you will be harassed. at least around indy you will. you never know about those podunk hospitals :):
    I always just badge my way in. :):

Oh...and give them the 'ole stink eye...

images

Cloverdaleman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2010
    Cloverdale,Indiana
    Uh, no. The OP was given a choice of taking to his vehicle or leaving it at security office. OP asked to leave it at security office if it wasn't too much trouble.
    The officer cleared a loaded firearm that wasn't going to be under direct supervision while it was in his care. There is always a possibility the officer would be needed elsewhere in a security position.

Called safe storage of an unsupervised firearm

I thought he did good)the officer).
    I just would have taken it out to the car.I don't want to give it to anyone.

Chow40cal

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2010
    Olympia
    typical. i would expect nothing less. i bet you wear those long leather boots with your civies too :):

see my edit above ...... wink

Ooo that's low...Like the boots when they just get to their first unit, sporting a PT shirt, jeans, and issued boots wherever they go on the weekend...

clgustaveson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010

public servant, are you stalking me? just come out with it ;):laugh: :gheyhi:

Ok, so I bent over?

An officer of the law approached me and asked me to do something, never TOLD me to do anything. To be honest I had no idea he was security until he said he could hold it in the security office.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Yay Cop bashing time!!!!:popcorn:
    I thought we were talking about rent-a-cops.

To be honest I had no idea he was security until he said he could hold it in the security office.

Good thing he was actually who he said he was, and not somebody with a neat way to scam people out of their gear.

"Meet me back at my office when you want your gun back." (*points to broom closet*)

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    When I had some tests earlier this year, the doc asked me if that was a 9 or 40?...At Bloomington Hospital
    Was the doctor a proctoligist? ;)

This thread has gone on for 14 pages and (as several have already posted) is little more than an endorsement of using discretion when OCing.

Keyser Soze

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Wow some of you guys are unreal.....OMG how could he clear a firearm in a hospital he put so many lives in danger...waaa waa waaa....Are you serious I could never go to the range with any of you guys........Make sure there are no bullets in the gun....do no point it at anything you do not intended to destroy........thats it.....What do you guy do clear firearms in a bullet proof shack on a remote island ? Be serious.

clgustaveson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    I thought we were talking about rent-a-cops.

Good thing he was actually who he said he was, and not somebody with a neat way to scam people out of their gear.

"Meet me back at my office when you want your gun back." (*points to broom closet*)

It's true, but I stated that I knew who he was.

I guess you cant expect everyone to remember every detail of a story, but let me recap the story again.

I typically remove my 1911 before entering into my fiances place of work. The one time I didn't an officer acting as security (becuase of reasons some may already know) asked me to bring my weapon to my car or he could hold it.

Being that it was Christmas I was bringing my fiance chinese food, and I know the officer was an actual officer. I decided it would be fine to leave my firearm with him.

I went, ate dinner with my lady friend, went to her lab paged the guard, and met him at the front with my weapon.

Nothing in this story is an example of why CC is better, nothing is a reason to not OC.

Now, im not coming back at ranbone only, but look at all these people that "read" the story and post crap that was clearly addressed in the OP.

Ranbone, your comment wasn't really what I was harping about, but it was easy for me to pick out without starting a huge fight.

All these inteligent people that think I "bent over" and they "are on my side" saying I should have just CCed... No, I am not going to step out of my house and determine I am going somewhere that might not want me to carry... So, I carry two guns, when I come to a place that I know there will be a big issue I leave my jacket on, if there is a chance I will remove my jacket I place the weapon inside my biometric safe because I have another gun parked inside the back of my pants.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Wow some of you guys are unreal.....OMG how could he clear a firearm in a hospital he put so many lives in danger...waaa waa waaa....Are you serious I could never go to the range with any of you guys........Make sure there are no bullets in the gun....do no point it at anything you do not intended to destroy........thats it.....What do you guy do clear firearms in a bullet proof shack on a remote island ? Be serious.

I'm with you on this..... this whole "Being as safe as possible and practical." thing is vastly overrated.

If you'll excuse me I'm going to run off with scissors to cut some bacon to fry up in the nude.

clgustaveson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    I'm with you on this..... this whole "Being as safe as possible and practical." thing is vastly overrated.

If you'll excuse me I'm going to run off with scissors to cut some bacon to fry up in the nude.

Your lolly pop is gonna look like bacon...

Top Bottom