• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Airborne33

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 18, 2010
    Colorado SPrings
    FNG here, and I want to go shooting. My location is South Indy, but I can drive to wherever as long as it is convenient for other members. I am new to the area, don't have any memberships, so I would appreciate any suggestions on the best place to meet up. I figure 10:00 on Sat 12 June 2010 would be a good start time. If you are intested in going, say so on this thread so we can have a good count on how many members will be there.

Again suggestions on place are appreciated. IndyMonkey had suggested Marion County fish and game. Obviously I am not a member there, checked it out online, looks great. So sound off on what you guys think!

Afterwards for anyone 21 and up would like to find a bar or something. First round will be on me :spend:

Last edited by a moderator:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Have you considered Eagle Creek? Very pleasant experience.

Eagle Creek Pistol Range

Pistol range, so handguns and .22 rifles, but you can shoot shotguns (just tell them first so you don't blast up the good target frames.

Word to the wise: it's a cold range, so unload your carry weapon(s). There's a sand barrel in the corner by the brown admin building.

Airborne33

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 18, 2010
    Colorado SPrings
    If possible (and I know it is) I want to hit a rifle range. I just put together an AR15 and I haven't had a chance to test it out and zero.

U.S. Patriot.. did you mean Camp Atterbury? I've never been much of a fan of shooting on post, but what is your experience at the place?

DocBoCook

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Clermont
    atterbury is a wash in my opinion. You have to pay, they have constant stoppages, among other things. Wilbur Wright. But I can't come anyway, have plans with the kids that weekend.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    The range is privately ran, so no Military personnel. It's a very nice range. They have 7.5, 15, 25, 50, and 100 yard ranges. It's $6 an hour. It was 20 minutes of fire, then a cease fire. Then repeat the process. The range officers at times can get a little annoying. Still a nice range though. I could possibly meet you there one weekend. Let me know, and we will try to work something out. I'm always down with shooting with a fellow veteran.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    FNG here, and I want to go shooting. My location is South Indy, but I can drive to wherever as long as it is convenient for other members. I am new to the area, don't have any memberships, so I would appreciate any suggestions on the best place to meet up. I figure 10:00 on Sat 12 June 2010 would be a good start time. If you are intested in going, say so on this thread so we can have a good count on how many members will be there.

Again suggestions on place are appreciated. IndyMonkey had suggested Marion County fish and game. Obviously I am not a member there, checked it out online, looks great. So sound off on what you guys think!

Afterwards for anyone 21 and up would like to find a bar or something. First round will be on me :spend:
    We have a steel shoot, on Sat., June 12th, in New Castle, it is listed under INGO Events...

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    The range is privately ran, so no Military personnel. It's a very nice range. They have 7.5, 15, 25, 50, and 100 yard ranges. It's $6 an hour. It was 20 minutes of fire, then a cease fire. Then repeat the process. The range officers at times can get a little annoying. Still a nice range though. I could possibly meet you there one weekend. Let me know, and we will try to work something out. I'm always down with shooting with a fellow veteran.

Have never been there, but from the pic's of it and how you describe, it sounds alot like Roush in Huntington. The two differences are at Roush when busy, it's only 10 minutes firing, then a cease fire. Also, at Roush it's $4.00 for the day. :D Roush has something like 37 total firing positions, also at 7,15,25,50, and 100 yards.

Ford2685

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2010
    USA,USA,USA,USA!!!!!!!
    i would like to go to, i am also n the southside and maybe we could arange a "carpool" so its not such a bad drive (my truck gets 9mpg) i love steel shoots and i would be very inerested

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Since there is already an event at new castle In. That sounds as good a place as any to go, although it appears to be a bit of a drive. Hope to meet a lot of you there.

Well if you ever want to hook up at Atterbury let me know. It's only about a 20-30 minute drive taking 31 south.

Mike_Indy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Its more of a drive, about 90min, but Bass & Bucks goes out to 750. I've only been twice and seldom have anyone else there during the week. I am planning to go on up there, weather permitting) on Friday (11th).
    $15 for the day. Last two trips (weekdays) I had it to myself almost the full time.

Last edited:

Airborne33

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 18, 2010
    Colorado SPrings
    I will be leaving from greenwood (south indy) probably around nine. PM me with a cell phone and a location if you feel like carpooling. I have a smaller car so I can't take too many people.

Top Bottom