• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    A soda can exploded in my garage from being frozen. It sounded like a gun went off. The dogs went nuts, and I jumped too. Only reason I knew what it was, because there is icee all over my garage floor.

Last edited:

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    A few years ago I had one go off underneath my seat in my car while I was driving one fine New Year's Eve. It does sound a lot like a nearby gunshot. I usually have a few every year outside, and occasionally in the vehicle when I forget to take them in. Luckily I drink diet 'Dew so the mess isn't nearly as bad as back in the day when I drank sugared sodas. And frozen soda cleans up pretty easily :)

My experience is that most diet sodas in undamaged cans (not the ones that have been rolling around in the truck for a few weeks) are good down to between 3-8F. Below that and the mortality rate goes up.

Manan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    West Central
    Many might think that your wrapped a "bit tight". But unfortunately I too have heard that sound in my sleep. Would you also be a veteran?

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    wrapped a bit tight? hmm...maybe sometimes. :whistle:

When you are deeply engaged in a project, and that happens in the dead of quiet, it is easy for anyone to jump.

And no sir, I am not a veteran.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    I was at the American Legion for lunch yesterday, talking with a couple guys from the Vietnam era. One gent was talking about how he could legally go down to the local hardware store when he was in his late teens and buy a case of dynamite for use on his farm removing tree stumps and such. He said that he had just picked up a case of TNT and was heading home when he blew a tire on his car.

He had to change his underwear when he got home.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I was at the American Legion for lunch yesterday, talking with a couple guys from the Vietnam era. One gent was talking about how he could legally go down to the local hardware store when he was in his late teens and buy a case of dynamite for use on his farm removing tree stumps and such. He said that he had just picked up a case of TNT and was heading home when he blew a tire on his car.

He had to change his underwear when he got home.

Ah the good old days. I think I was one of the last to purchase Tovex from Beard's hardware in Vincennes back in the 80s. His concern was overmatched, had something actually happened he would have never known it ;)

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Back in the day of burning down hay bales (see another thread) my neighbor and I swiped every bit of black powder from our dads and filled up a gallon milk jug with it. We commenced to tear all the fuses from a pack of firecrackers, tie them together and stick it in the top of the gunpowder. We buried that jug about halfway into the front yard, lit the fuse and ran like hell.

The result could not have been predicted.

We blew a hole about 6 feet around and 3 feet deep in the yard, and it made a mushroom cloud that would make the military proud.

Yup, you guessed it. We got whupped for that one too. Also had to pay for the black powder we used. I think I split wood the rest of the summer and fall for free for that one.

God if we had video cameras and YouTube back then.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    We should start a thread about dumb things you have done in your life. That could be entertaining.

Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    A soda can exploded in my garage from being frozen. It sounded like a gun went off. The dogs went nuts, and I jumped too. Only reason I knew what it was, because there is icee all over my garage floor.

I'd rather have that happen then the coke that blew up in my car the other day, when I was in the house. Turns out my dumb *** cousin left it in the car when I took him to blockbuster.:xmad: I am still trying to get all the sticky junk out.:crying:

Top Bottom