I think I scared the Jehovah's Witnesses...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jennybird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    lmao...i am considered an idol worshiper because i wear a cross around my neck!

as for the flag issue,i found this on their webpage:

Nationalism

Jehovah’s Witnesses are not allowed to salute the flag of any nation, recite the pledge of allegiance, stand for or sing the national anthem, run for public office, vote, or serve in the armed forces.

I believe the flag has a similar meaning to them as the cross around your neck. They view them both as symbolic and are forbidden to show any kind of prayer, anthem, pledge, etc., to anything other than "Jahovah". They aren't allowed to celebrate birthdays, christmas, or any other holiday for that matter.

I remember when my oldest daughter was only a year old, I had her dressed up in the cutest little pastel-colored clown costume for Halloween that my step-mom made for her. Of course I was promptly called a devil-worshiper by my (now EX) mother-in-law who was a JW. :rolleyes:

Ahhh, good times!

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Know why jehovah's witnesses are so flat chested?

(simulate shoving motion and say) "Get off my porch!"

Srtsi4wd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I believe the flag has a similar meaning to them as the cross around your neck. They view them both as symbolic and are forbidden to show any kind of prayer, anthem, pledge, etc., to anything other than "Jahovah". They aren't allowed to celebrate birthdays, christmas, or any other holiday for that matter.

I remember when my oldest daughter was only a year old, I had her dressed up in the cutest little pastel-colored clown costume for Halloween that my step-mom made for her. Of course I was promptly called a devil-worshiper by my (now EX) mother-in-law who was a JW. :rolleyes:

Ahhh, good times!

I remember that there was briefly a JW in my elementary class. It sticks out in my mind because he could not participate in the Pledge of Allegiance, birthdays, any school activity. Looking back on it I feel sorry for the guy. He was totally alienated in our VERY small(~25 kids in the class) and conservative school. His parents beliefs made him a total outsider.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    i like the fact that they originally believed that only 144,000 would be saved as it says in Revelation. now they claim that number is symbolic (ie a multiple of 12....Apostles, Tribes of Israel, etc) because there are more than 144,000 Jehovah's Witnesses. ;)

Yeah, according to the JW's I thought Heaven was already full! :rolleyes:
    They are wasting their time!

:patriot: <--- they hate that.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    this very well could be. i have read that JW have the lowest retention rate in terms of being born into a religion and maintaining it as an adult.

That's pretty interesting. I'd like to find that study to see what it concluded.

Ultimately, I've always thought religious choice should be highly personal, so it bothers me when I see any story of a kid getting brainwashed into a religion. The <a certain church I've decided better than to name> kids are a prime example of that. If you've ever seen interviews with them, it's scary and saddening. I'm not saying they're necessarily good or bad, right or wrong, just that it's clear they've been brainwashed.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    yeah that is scary; ive seen those people on talkshows. so sad that people use their children as billboards for their hate.

That's kind of my point, though. Their religion tells them that they're completely right and we're completely wrong, whereas ours (or rather, let me say "mine", since I don't know your religion) tells me just the opposite. Who's to say who's REALLY right? I can tell you which one I BELIEVE is right, but every religion claims to be right.

That said, I'm with you in that I mourn for the choice that's been taken away from their kids. They no longer have the option of deciding for themselves what to believe.

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009

Nationalism

Jehovah’s Witnesses are not allowed to salute the flag of any nation, recite the pledge of allegiance, stand for or sing the national anthem, run for public office, vote, or serve in the armed forces.

No they are only allowed to bug the s*** out of you!

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    They really think they're going to convert people while doing things that offend them... that's what I can't seem to wrap my head around.

:lol2::lmfao::lol2::lmfao:

You are, of course, correct to raise this point. However, doing "things that offend them" in an effort to convert has, at one time or another, been the calling card of almost every religion AND government (including the one we have now, and no, I do not just mean Obama and the current crop of Demopukes) that has ever existed in recorded history.

Unless, of course, one does not believe killing or maiming people or their relatives or taking their property by force to be potentially offensive.

Sadly, most people do not completely understand the concept that the ends most definitely do not justify the means.

barricade

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    the witnesses and the mormons do that round here and will not let you get a word in edgewise while they are speading their word, so that is a pretty efficiant way to rid yourself of the annoyance.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I remember that there was briefly a JW in my elementary class. It sticks out in my mind because he could not participate in the Pledge of Allegiance, birthdays, any school activity. Looking back on it I feel sorry for the guy. He was totally alienated in our VERY small(~25 kids in the class) and conservative school. His parents beliefs made him a total outsider.

I'm going to take a different tack as to what made him an outsider. It seems to me that he was made an outsider because his fellow Americans didn't believe deeply enough in what this country is supposed to be about to respect his beliefs, and were not themselves able to respect the moral underpinnings of our own Constitution.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    yeah that is scary; ive seen those people on talkshows. so sad that people use their children as billboards for their hate.

I'd be careful talking about hate, considering that you came here to brag about using your gun to frighten people who's religious beliefs you disagree with.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    lmao...i am considered an idol worshiper because i wear a cross around my neck!

Nationalism

Good God, man, you've hit on the answer! We need to send the JWs to WASHINGTON to convert the SOBs there!

and I'm only partly joking.

Blessings,
    Bill

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I'd be careful talking about hate, considering that you came here to brag about using your gun to frighten people who's religious beliefs you disagree with.

The OP didn't threaten them at all. Just made a passing comment about his back-up.

Enough with the thought police B$. :ingo:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?

That's not how I took it. It seemed to me that he posted that they asked about his plan (granted, for his salvation), he answered them and it scared them. That's hardly his fault. Consider that if one of us asked him that and that was his answer, we would be unlikely to be frightened, but rather would nod and agree... possibly patting our own pistols.

That he thought it humorous and (correctly) thought at least some of our members probably would, too... that's not bragging, IMHO.

Blessings,
    Bill

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven

1) i am not bragging. it was merely what i considered a funny exchange i certainly did not say to myself "wow i bet there are some JWs at the door. I wonder if I can scare the crap out of them so i dont have to deal with them."

2) i do disagree with them, but i did not disrespect them. i did not slam the door in their faces. i did not call them names. i did not tell them to get the **** off of my lawn. i answered their questions truthfully, though with a tad bit of humor. besides, when you knowingly and willingly thrust your religion in my face AND ON MY PROPERTY, i reserve the right to critique anything you say in any way i feel necessary.

3) if anyone was frightened, it would be me. a pack of complete strangers congregating on my doorstep. hmmm....youre right, i should have invited them in to case my home. just because you claim to believe in God doesnt mean youre not a scumbag.

4) as for the hate thing, dont put words in my mouth. I was referring to those kooky baptists that were in the news not too long ago, not the JWs. the people who dress their children in shirts that say "God hates fags" are pathetic. People who send their children to soldiers' funeral and teach them to say "A dead soldier is God's blessing" are pathetic. Yep, that's the Jesus I know.

Top Bottom