• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Griffeycom

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    You say you sent it on the 7th of July? I wouldn't be surprised if it hasn't gotten there yet. I wouldn't put it passed the post office to misplace your letter only to find it later and then deliver it. I once received a letter with a time stamp one month prior to my receiving it, and that letter only needed to make a short trip from Indy to Cincinnati!

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    just a update. i contacted folks he has done business with in the past and got his phone #. i called him and he said he was waiting on my call. he thought he had sent me his number (so he says) anyways he says he still has not recieved the mo and he will send the item on good faith. when i can cancel the mo if he has not recieved it (i can tell it its been cashed) ill cancel the mo and send him another one.

if he sends the item i say you cant ask more than that. when talking to him i really believed he had not recieved the mo. we will see what happens

superstorm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 19, 2009
    SW Fort Wayne
    I had a POMO missed place and the post office got a hold of me 2 months later and they had found the money order behind the desk so it possible they miss place it next time do a signature request from the seller that way you know for sure.

b0r0b

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 28, 2010
    Feedback on some websites is completely useless. The point is, you HAVE to, i'll say it again, HAVE to investigate his/her prior "sales". I had a guy attempt to rip me off once but my money was returned in 2 days by Paypal.

In short, the guy I made a purchase from had a feedback of let's just say 20. So he had dealt with 20 people and all appeared pleased and there was proof that he had dealt with 20 people. The only problem is, the 20 people he dealt with made purchases that did not exceed $20 USD. This is a common practice: Go to a forum, sell stuff/intangible items/whatever that you actually have that's really "cheap" to get your rep flowing in, then post a big item and wait for the bite.

That's what this guy tried to do to me, but having a business account with Paypal with over 3,100 transactions and not a SINGLE issue, one phone call returned my money. I checked his prior "sales" and they were all $10-$25, my purchase was $200. The moment he confirmed receipt of the $200 he disappeared off the forum and off all the communication routes he had open. Again the money was returned swiftly but you have to watch for these situations.

If this guy sends the item in good faith you can't ask for anything else, he'll still get his money because your rep here alone is enough to stand behind. Good luck and heed warning for future purchases. DO. YOUR. RESEARCH.

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    I bought 2 time clocks from some dick in Florida that ripped me off. He sent me the wrong ones and didn't refund a single penny after I returned the clocks to him. I filed a claim with my Discover card and they sided with his fraudulent response. That was about 2 years ago and I still think about it almost daily. When I make it to his neck of the woods in Florida, I'm going to pay him a visit.

buzzard pickins

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Out by the Prague pond
    For future buying sprees. always send your money with a recieved signed request card. This is the first step in developing your paper trail. Then send it overnight or three day mail and certified. Will hold up in court. The extra money is worth the price. Or send him a moneygram cashable at any wally world.
    GOOD LUCK

Farmerjon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    NorthWest Indiana
    With all of the idiots out there trying to make something from nothing, I am always amazed that this isn't a daily occurence on the web. Sounds like the guy is stand up and wanting to do the right thing. From this year's experience, my youngest daughter got married (see my avatar). Some of her invitations are still trickling in to people and her wedding was June 5th of this year and some haven't gotten theirs yet (one is to her uncle about 40 miles away!). No rhyme or reason. Sent my mother and sister their birthday cards one year to my mom's house in Florida, knew sis was going to be there then (they are born on the same date) so sent two cards same size, same time, to same address, sister's got there in time while she was visiting, mom's arrived TWO months later! Gotta wonder.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    I am the same way, I just had a MO take over 60 days to get to a seller!! I will never send another one with out tracking!! it worked out in the end and I was able to show the guy a scan of the receipt and the Post office sales receipt that showed the date it was sent!! but 60 days that was unreal!!!

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    so ill be the first to admit i have gotten lazy/trusting buying stuff on the internet. when i bought the first thing from a gun classifieds section i was 100% sure to cover my ass in every way possible. ive had so many deal go smooth as silk that i started saving a buck and now even tracking the mo for a extra dollar at the post office. well i guess it was bound to happen and i think i finally got bit. i sent a mo to iowa to a man on 7-7 and he is saying he did not get it yet. i called the po and you cant cancel a mo for 30 days after the purchase. its not a huge amount of money but its more the point than anything. and there is that possibility that he is telling the truth and did not recieve the mo. but he could have recieved it and cashed it and i would not know.

so here is my delema. do i send him a new mo and possibably get stuck again or cut my losses. what do you folks think. all and all its 100% my fault for not covering my ass atleast with tracking but ive delt with gun folks so much in the last few years and never had the smallest complaint outside of a extra day or 2 shipping.
    There should be a phone # on the MO receipt you can call to see if it has been cashed.

Top Bottom