• ...and so much more!
  • E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    NO I DIDNT SHOOT MYSELF.

but I was thinking, in a world where shootings must be reported and police like to come into our homes and illegaly confiscate our guns, what would you do if you shot yourself??

Im talking a minor, mostly flesh wound, than you could be responsible and knowledgeble to control and stabilize, maybe even suture, or glue.

would you take care of it yourself if you had the option and not call the police? or would you fall to the floor and hit the pannic button around your neck and tell 911 you've fallen and you cant get up? :): remember, if you go to the hospital with a gun shot wound, they WILL call the police, i think its the law?

If I could take care of it myself or my wife, and it wasnt life threatening then i wouldnt be calling anyone. for one i would be so embarrased and 2, i dont want cops or anyone finger effing my guns, taking them away, or asking me 50 questions.

I think this thread could get interesting. lets keep it clean so we dont get it closed.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    I would not call an ambulance if it was minor, I would go to the hospital and get treated. They are required to investigate but I am not required to help. I would tell them it was an accident and that's all.

OAK

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    TH
    It's like going to the hospital because a shotgun barrel is stuck to your thumb, if it's minor I stay away from the embarassment and questions.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I would not deny myself any necessary medical attention (I'm not saying you would either). But unless it was extremely obvious, I might try to come up with another explanation for the injury, like a mini cannon perhaps.:D If it were an obvious GSW, I would probably remove most of my firearms from my home for a while before they had a chance to find them.:twocents:

Comp

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2009
    T H I N
    I'm pretty sure you are not required to report a shooting unless you are a first responder or a doctor......

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    It's only the hospital and EMS that is required to report suspicion of gunshot wounds.

Me, it doesn't matter what wound I get, I treat myself if I can up to and including minor surgery. BTDT. Being a long experienced EMT with a whole lotta years of wilderness EMS under my belt I have a pretty good idea of what I can treat myself and what I need outside attention for.

Comp

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2009
    T H I N
    Hospitals are required to report it to the police if somebody seeks treatment for a GSW.

Hospitals, yes. The person who shot them self, no. With the way the post was written, I just don't want people to read it like you HAVE to narc on yourself.

sclark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    OK true story, I know of a guy that did shoot himself. He actually pulled his skin from his side of rib a cage and shot through his skin. This was a lame attempt to make ex girlfriend feel sorry for him. He gave her a long story about getting in a fight with someone and that was the out come. He went to hospital and between the doctors knowing better and the cops, he was outed and became one of the biggest losers of our town :laugh:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    OK true story, I know of a guy that did shoot himself. He actually pulled his skin from his side of rib a cage and shot through his skin. This was a lame attempt to make ex girlfriend feel sorry for him. He gave her a long story about getting in a fight with someone and that was the out come. He went to hospital and between the doctors knowing better and the cops, he was outed and became one of the biggest losers of our town :laugh:

WOW. hopefully he was commited for being a loon?

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Im talking a minor, mostly flesh wound, than you could be responsible and knowledgeble to control and stabilize, maybe even suture, or glue.

would you take care of it yourself if you had the option and not call the police?

Not if it needed stitched. I've been down that Rambo road before. I don't need to learn that lesson twice.

Gimme those drugs doc.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    :laugh: if t was just one layer of sutures then i'll do it. it we are talking deaper than that, im not touching it. I'll go to the doc.

Not me baby.

I was in the ER with a head wound and the doc said it needed a stitch or two. Now I hate needles and I figured after many stiches and anestetic shots in hands and finger that one stitch can't be worse than the two or three jabs with the needle. Two stitches and I'll still be about even.

"Just go ahead and stitch it doc. Just let me know before you start and I'll hold still for any thing short of passing out. Just once you start, don't stop until you are done because you'll never get to start again."

Three stitches in the top of your head really hurts.

Bubba

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Rensselaer
    I'd report it myself. My reason being that assuming I shot myself in a setting like my home where I have neighbors close by, I don't want the cops coming out on a shots fired call, looking through my window into a bloody room, and busting down my door trying to find the "victim". I imagine them having to track me down at the hospital would make them somewhat irate and I'd still have to deal with a busted down door.

T-rav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    If I can dig out a metal splinter from way deep in my finger with twezers and a pocket knife I can dig a bullet out of me with some needle noses and channel locks!!! :D

Last time I was in the ER I was out cold had a broken leg and a fractured skull and knee. So if I can fix myself up I will. Ive avoided stitches before with paper towel alcohol and electrical tape.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom