I shall now perform "sitting on my stash of .45".

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    So I was out and about today...went to a few of my favorite "get ammo here" type places and there was no .45 to be found. AGAIN.
    Lots of ammo...just not .45:
    1201091106.jpg

My local mom & pop gun guy told me that he orders it every week, but the ammo manufacturers have more than a year to go for fulfilling government contracts...
    and since tearing down lines from 9mm and .223 (what the contracts are for) to make .45 is too time consuming and costly, they just aren't doing it - in favor of turning out stuff for the military. His shelves looked just like this farm store pic ^.

I was also looking for a bottle of synthetic oil.
    He told me they have it in a spray, but not the kind with the pin point nozzle I was looking for.
    I didn't think the spray would be something I'd dig...
    so he got one of the little bottles from the cash register display and handed it to me...he said, "just take it. Then you'll know if you like it."
    Awesome. Gotta love SmallTown, USA.
    1201091202.jpg

As a side note; Much as I like the mom & pop store, I love going to the farm store.
    People are encouraged to bring their pets as long as they keep them leashed.
    I wasn't quick enough with the camera in my phone, but the guy at the end of this leash (the low end :p ) was wearing an IU shirt. Pretty sure, anyhow! :D
    1201091112.jpg

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I see boolits at the TSC every time I go in... Usually they're in my magazine, but I guess that doesn't really help, huh? Oh well. :D

Although I don't remember seeing any boolits at our Rural King in Princeton either....

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    I see boolits at the TSC every time I go in... Usually they're in my magazine, but I guess that doesn't really help, huh? Oh well. :D

Although I don't remember seeing any boolits at our Rural King in Princeton either....

No Handgun boolits in Evansville either.
    You live near Princeton?
    You should come to the Evansville breakfast!

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    thats a rural king. ;)

and TSC STINKS!

annie: RAINCHECK the ammo! they will call you when it comes in. or call me at angola. i'll raincheck it for you, over the phone, and call you. my .45 rainchecks are all filled.

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    Our local Rural King has not had handgun ammo in about 9 months!

which one? we have been recieving our alotment of remington ammo correctly for months now (as in, we have been recieving quanity. not enough, but we are getting it.). do you have it rainchecked or are you just looking when you go?

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    Annie, you should seriously check (our) Walmart. Lastnight we swung through on our way home, I picked up 2 100rd boxes of .45. Next time I'm there...If I see anymore I'll call you and if you want me to...pick some up. :) But seriously, keep an eye out. I am pretty sure they have 2 days a week that they get ammo, One being Thursday (I think).

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Annie, if you have a Meijer close by you might check there. This past Sunday when I was at the one in Carmel they had 10 or so boxes of WWB of .45, $19.95 per 50 round box.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    I have also been sitting on my stash. .45 ACP is mucho rare-o down here in Oklahoma, unless you want to pay $30/box (of 50) for FMJ target ammo at the overpriced store. Every Saturday morning is a race to see who can get to Wal-Mart the fastest and grab the minimal supplies as they drop off the truck. Local Wal-Marts have instituted a 2 box/customer limit.

I've got about 800 rounds saved up, but can only get new stuff about every other month, so I'm hesitant to go shoot it.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom