• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • antsi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Just had to say it.

With Dillon seater dies, you have to loosen a lock nut, adjust the die, and tighten the nut again. It can be a PITA to get a fine adjustment if you are trying to get the COL exact.

Just got my first Lee die set (.30-06), and it has the adjustable seater die - with the knurled adjustment knob at the top. Makes tweaking easy.

I like Blue stuff, don't get me wrong. But I'm not sure I'm going to be buying a lot of their dies in the future.

I've also heard good things about the factory crimp dies. Haven't gotten to that stage of my reloading process yet, but looking forward to it.

hoosier44

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    St. Joseph county IN
    I use Lee dies on my 550B and on a vintage Lyman turret. Right on about the adjustment issues on 'ol blue. otherwise it rocks. mostly I use the dillon as a one at a time press, just running one around the circle. I find I can really feel my work that way. Lee probably has a patent on the seating die.

jlm223

Aim Small Miss Small
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 22, 2009
    Muncie
    I like the Lee dies also, I have had good luck with them, seems to be easy to work with. :twocents:

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Lee products do the job great and are more than reasonably priced. The bullet seater is nice. I remember having more than one bullet seating plug for my RCBS dies as to not damage the bullet nose. I also like the Lee powder thru expander die along with their factory crimp die with the carbide sizing ring for final touch up if needed. At first I was leary of their lock rings using the rubber O-ring, but they work ! No more stripped out soft brass set screws. :D

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.4%
    153   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    I've always been a fan of Lee products. Some of thier products are chapely made, but dies are not. They have several useful feature that I prefer to other brands. I've actually had other set of dies and bought duplicates of the same calibers in Lee dies for the features. I really liek the decapping rods as well. I've had several broken Lyman pins and it's nearly impossible with Lee dies. I've always reccomended Lee products to new reloaders. I've loaded some of my most accurate ammo with a bench full of red tools!

Doug K

eears

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    I'm glad I'm not the only one that likes Lee dies and loaders. I've got some dillon and some lees and usually find myself goint to the lee, and it's not only because I'm cheap. They are so much easier to set up.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Another Lee fan too. I have a purchased several different brands of dies in the last year off of the classifieds section here and on other forums. Those have all worked very well for me. I've also purchased some brand new lee dies that have done just a well if not better than some of the other top brands.

Good stuff IMHO.:yesway:

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    It makes adjustment easy, but it also makes accidental adjustment easy, and leaves the adjustment open to "creep". When I'm seating bullets I found that OAL slowly crept up, so I put a small mark on the adjustment knob and the die body, and found that it was very slowly backing out. IMHO, its a trade-off, easy adjustment vs. positively locked adjustment.

Aszerigan

Whitetail Trading Co.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    390   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    I used Lee dies for years - great stuff, very reasonable pricing. I recently started buying Dillon dies, but that may stop. More expensive, and since I usually only load 100 rounds at a time and hand measure each individual round, "back off" with non-locking equipment isn't a problem. I load slow, but I'm meticulous, and I find that Lee dies work just fine.

Top Bottom