• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Field King

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    If anyone here mis-understands Rush Limbaugh or the conservative movement please go to his website and read his cpac speech from last night. Please note the parts about how he does not see "groups" of people, but he see's as all as individuals, with no guarantees, but with all the same opportunities and freedoms at our disposal, that the outcome is not guaranteed to be equal, that to each his own guided by passion and work and sacrifice leads one to his final destiny, it is a wonderful speech, yes filled with the Limbaugh humor, but again to each his own!

drd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Westfield
    I was fortunate enough to watch it live. Posponed a visit to the range to watch the whole thing. A Must read or watch.

Field King

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    A big thank you to a member on here who posted Rush is on now, by the time I read it he was done, so I went to the free part of his website and read the speech, he reminds so much of Reagan, with some humor added!

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Wow, what a speech. I think sometimes he gets carried away on the radio and that the left wing use so much of what he says out of context. But I've learned to understand what his true focus is and that he does love and care about our country. Thanks for the direction ...

Last edited:

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I don't think he'd ever run and I know for sure the left would try their damndest to prevent it. They would label him as a right wing zealot who was addicted to Vicodin and who knows what else. I think he'd be as good if not better than Reagan, But again I doubt if he'd ever even consider it, if we're still here that is....

Field King

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Rush will never run for office, and I will put it in his words why "I will not take the pay cut" I love an honest American!

Field King

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Hard to believe that if, his country called, he would choose not to respond. I think maybe we're underestimating his resolve.
    who is calling? many of his followers have asked him to run for office, I will not judge him on the reasons why he will not do it, I only wish more politicians had the same love and admiration for freedom that he has!

Truckerman79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    McCordsville, IN
    I just watched the entire speech. It was very inspirational. I think conservatism is very misunderstood. That was the point he was making. There are no conservative leaders out there that can articulate the message. Many of our so-called conservative leaders fold when it comes time to make a principled decision. Rush hit the nail on the head when he stated that bipartisanship occurs when conservatives check their principles at the door and cave in to the demorats. The GOP is in effect dead if it doesn't return to its conservative-libertarian roots. It is about getting the message out. We need to end the liberalism that has created an entitlement mentality across the nation.

We need to start by voting true conservatives into office.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    It would be very hard for any radio personality to run for major office. Too much on said on the record. If you think back on some of the things Rush has said, and ask yourself how they'd play in ads over and over, and how the MSM would crucify him, you can see that he's pretty much unelectable.

eatsnopaste

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    South Bend
    So, the big question... Is this guy a contender for 2012? Would he consider a run? Would he get sufficient support?
    Whether you are for him or against him, and I hope you are a little of both, we must remember...HE IS AN ENTERTAINER! While I am not against Rush at all, I do realize that a lot of what he says is said in a way to get you riled up. Would he make a good politician? Who knows, but I do know electing a guy with a known drug problem would be problematic.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Rush could never run, there would be too much focus on this life versus the quality of his character.

The kid did a good job as well, but anyone who'd listened to Rush, Hannity, etc would come to the exact same conclusion. EDIT: Listened to his interview and he listens to Bill Bennett, another fav)

For the life of me, I could never figure out why Romney dropped out. I'm guessing it was at the urging of the GOP, but he's probably got a shot at 2012.

Our difficulty is that we have a higher standard, therefore the person we nominate (unlike RINOMcCain) must be pretty flawless.

Top Bottom