Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Alright here are the pics:

Comes with a nice padded carry case:

The gun :)

I have 3 more mags at home so I should be good there for a while

I got adjustable white dot sightsights which turned out to be a good thing since their night sights are on back order.

Comes with a cute little ear plug case too

I plan on a range trip tomorrow afternoon to test it out :) Maybe today if I get me work done in time

partyboy6686

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Super nice gun AllenM. But you got to replace those grips. Enjoy your ramnge trip. If you need a camera man to take videos of you shooting it you know how to get ahlod of me.lol

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I am hoping partyboy6686 is a long in a bit with a couple videos.
    Took the Coonan to the range for the first time today to give it a little break in run. Shot about 120 rounds through it and had one hickup on I think was the 4th mag. It shoots very nice. I would say recoil is on par with 45 acp

The one jamb I had was the round failed to go into battery but it was shooting so well I think I was just pushing it a little fast before allowing it to break in.
    Other than that it ran great and it is as fun to shoot as everybody has said. I shot 158 and 125 gr factory ammo through it. It seemed to like the lighter 125's and accuracy was outstanding. Which I was kind of concerned about because the only negative I have about the gun is the slide to frame fit seems looser than I would have expected from a custom gun. There is definitely a noticeable amount of play between the slide and frame but it didn't seem to effect function or accuracy. It may be by design I don't know

I would say that a good shooter would be able to easily keep 3" groups at 25 yards with it. By the time we went home if I wasn't doing that with it, it was close enough i would need a ruler to prove it.

Overall I am very happy with the gun, probably more than I expected to be.
    I think there is something about a 125 gr bullet at 357 mag velocity the just makes everything right in the wold :)

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Thanks for the video... seemed like the muzzle flash was not consistent from shot to shot, were those mags loaded consistently with the same ammo?

My brother had one of these many years ago and actually carried it. That gun was just a beast. Only concern I ever remember him mentioning was some slight slide/frame galling/metal shavings after range trips.

Very cool to see one in action again.

Top Bottom