• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • csm47362

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Jun 12, 2009
    New Castle, IN
    I listed a Python Barrel and it sold. Well the guy with the winning bid is from Canada. I clearly listed no international shipments. Well from doing a quick google search I found that I can ship parts to him, I think. The laws are not clear, not is it clear the way I must ship it. I have looked all over gunborker.com to try and find a way to contact them via email or phone with no luck.

Anyone every shipped a gun part to Canada?

I know how to contact the buyer. I am trying to contact gunborker.com com to see if I can cancel his winning bid and sell to the next highest bid, that is if he is from the US...
    Anyone know how to contact gunbroker.com?

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    IMHO, if there aren't any laws against it etc, I don't see why it would be a problem to ship it to him. He is probably just some poor old canuck that needs a part and can't find one in CAN.

beak7707

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Terre haute area
    From what I have always been told you would be fine sending a barrel or parts. Its the whole firearm that takes forever and cost way too much. If you listed no international shipping in your add, Gunbroker will have to let you retract. If you do send it to Canada it might be costly but not illegal. The way I took it parts are not firearms, a barrel is no different than a stock or trigger, worthless without many other specific parts.

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    I would be leery of trying to ship anything firearm related to Canada, but that is just me. I believe Canada has a minimum for handgun barrel lengths, whether that would affect you or the buyer in any way, I have no idea.

I would get solid information on all legality before I would do it. Just an opinion.

Luck!

sparky241

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    now wait , is he paying in us funds or canadian? will you still get the sam amount? if so and theres no laws against it i would go for it, but make sure you get tracking as it might get held at customs for a while.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Yeah... be sure that the money is equitable. The exchange rate is VERY similar these days, but there's still a difference.

If you go forward with the transaction, I say that you pick a date a few days in the future, and say "on this date at 12:00 Eastern (or Central...or Mountain...or GMT...), the exchange rate at this time is the rate that we'll use.

Or just work out a fair price and don't quibble over, literally, a few dollars.

And if you do sell, be SURE that you get an "international money order". However the funds are received, wait until the money "clears". This seriously might take a few weeks due to the cross-border nature of the beast.

Also something to keep in mind is that shipping SLOWS way down when you go International due to Customs, as Sparky241 has said.

But be SURE that you get your money first...and know that you've done your due diligence in determining that your bbl. is of legal length. I'd even print out the Canadian regulations and include a copy in the shipment, just in case it's scrutinized by their customs.

-J-

csm47362

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Jun 12, 2009
    New Castle, IN
    He is going to pay via Canadian Postal Money order in US Dollars, which from what I understand can be cashed at a US Post office. He has also now informed me that he had an address in NY state that I will be shipping it to so I will let him worry about importing it..

Thanks For all your help....

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    He is going to pay via Canadian Postal Money order in US Dollars, which from what I understand can be cashed at a US Post office. He has also now informed me that he had an address in NY state that I will be shipping it to so I will let him worry about importing it..

Thanks For all your help....
    Thats great! The poor old canuck can get his part now! ;)

Top Bottom