• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Harry2110

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I'm still looking for 1 to join a group going to Canada in August fishing for walleye and northern pike. You'll learn a !ot.

IF I had the money and time that would be fun but sadly being a college student both are a negative.

Now personally I use pretty much only 3-4 curly tail jigs in most of my fishing and have done well enough to almost go semi pro with my dad.

Jig Head
    I use unpainted 1/8(rarely)-1/32oz(all the time) round jig heads

Bodys
    Really I only use 3 colors
    ice blue and chartreuse slider paddle tail in 2in
    watermelon and chartreuse slider paddle tail 2in

And most 95-99% of the time
    2in white and yellow body with a bright chartreuse tail curly tail

That last bait has worked 95% of the time I go fishing over the past 12 years and works almost universally across the country as well when retrieved at a pace of 1 revolution every 1-2sec.

For crankbaits I use a fire tiger, silver belly green top, silver and blue in a 2in bait. If I want to use a spinner bait I just use one of the mentioned jigs and put a spinner blade you can get at walmart on it in the smallest size.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Read. Pick up a lot of fishing magazines and read them, then go practice. There's many different ways to use every lure, and practice is what is going to make the difference between catching fish or not. I'm a live bait fisherman myself, I personally like home grown nightcrawlers, home grown food always tastes better than store bought:D

Top Bottom